Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
I thought you were done watching?

I thought you were done reading my posts?

I mean, I know we don't have an ignore button on Yuku, but it's really not that hard. If you see my name, skip to the next post.

Either that, or stop complaining. It's kind of like how you shouldn't complain about who the President is if you choose not to vote in the election.

I'm here on the Brewer board, but it feels as if I'm lurking on NSBB. Is it not enough to have to watch poor play by the Brewers, that people also have to come here and listen to your pointless babble? You complain over and over, swear off the Brewers, say you're done watching, but yet here you are still watching. Some people are here trying to enjoy the simple fact that the Brewers have returned to the playoffs after 26 years.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny thing, I was a little disappointed yesterday when I turned on the game and I heard Brian Anderson's voice. Now, I'm glad he's doing the games. For some strange reason, I feel better knowing there is someone in the booth that feels as bad as I do. Although he has to hide his disappointment. He's done a very good job these two games.

It just gets annoying when people declare they are done with the team but keep coming back to the game threads to vent.

I actually thought it was a good idea for me to flip to the football game for a little while. A cooldown period was warranted.

I've gone from "anger" to "acceptance". It's easier to just walk away sometimes. Keeps things from being flung at the TV I haven't paid off yet. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

BrewBomber, did you just compare some of us to Cubs fans? That's pretty low. : ) But seriously, I'm torn on the booing/negativity issue. I'm a pretty negative person, but at the same time it is just a game. Still, being positive just to be positive, if you do that then why do you even watch the team. Just go be happy. So, if the team I'm investing my time in plays poorly, I can understand the desire to boo.
You may run like Mays...

I feel bad for BA having to do these games, no matter the circumstances. I'm sure its easy to hide his disappointment, but what if the Brewers were to come back and win this game (pause for laughter), he would have to hide his excitement. That I'm sure would not be as easy.

Some people are here trying to enjoy the simple fact that the Brewers have returned to the playoffs after 26 years.

Everybody is enjoying the fact that the Brewers have made the playoffs. But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be kind of PO'ed when they have two hits in this game, and three runs in this entire series, considering the promise of the first inning.

I'm here on the Brewer board, but it feels as if I'm lurking on NSBB. Is it not enough to have to watch poor play by the Brewers, that people also have to come here and listen to your pointless babble? You complain over and over, swear off the Brewers, say you're done watching, but yet here you are still watching. Some people are here trying to enjoy the simple fact that the Brewers have returned to the playoffs after 26 years.
As a fellow Brewers fan, I agree with BrewBomber. Posters who say "see you in March" may as well step away until March.

As a moderator, I ask that you both refrain from these comments.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I feel bad for BA having to do these games, no matter the circumstances. I'm sure its easy to hide his disappointment, but what if the Brewers were to come back and win this game (pause for laughter), he would have to hide his excitement. That I'm sure would not be as easy.

As a broadcaster, I've kind of been in this type of spot before. I gotta think it's one of the tougher assignments anyone in this business can have.

I'm sure TBS wanted him to do these games because of his knowledge of the Brewers (it's a nice balance to the "none" that Simpson and Smoltz seem to have), but it requires him to forget about the last six months of his life. MUCH easier said than done, and I have a ton more respect for him than I had before yesterday's game started.

(And I've been pretty staunchly pro-Brian since he got the job.)

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Some people are here trying to enjoy the simple fact that the Brewers have returned to the playoffs after 26 years.

Everybody is enjoying the fact that the Brewers have made the playoffs. But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be kind of PO'ed when they have two hits in this game, and three runs in this entire series, considering the promise of the first inning.

It's more about him swearing off the Brewers and saying he was done watching.

Thank God the wind brought that Cameron ball back into play. I'd hate to see our offense have another chance to get a hit.

There's another good sign. Unless Milwaukee gets a freak heat wave, this won't be a problem on Saturday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

It's more about him swearing off the Brewers and saying he was done watching.

What's wrong with a little hyperbole now and then? We all use it to get our points across. I don't think Bruce is literally saying he's done watching the team. It's just a way of expressing his frustration.

Archived