Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
We can't expect to win the World Series every year. So I don't think it's fair to call this season "disappointing." We've had so many players underperform, yet we won 90 games and made the playoffs. I'll take that any day.

You're absolutely right, and most of us will probably end up agreeing with this sentiment. If not immediately, we will after the smoke clears.

However, the other side of this coin is that we had so many players underperform in a season where the owner and GM declared us "all-in" on multiple occasions. This doesn't bode well for the short-term future, because if we were "all-in" this year, then we're about to bust, and it's going to take some time to rebuild from here.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok - how about getting the first hitter on this inning?

I keep hoping for a big inning to happen to kickstart this whole team...I'm worried that the first inning tonight was their opportunity, and they didn't capitalize.

Even if they lose tonight, I'd at least like to see them show some signs of being able to be productive for game 3.

I don't quite know how our pitchers (besides the slam) have gotten in and then out of trouble so many times with no further damage.

Really, if we could have just gotten 3 runs or maybe 4 scattered throughout, I'd be a whole lot happier.

The total lack of any offensive spark or hint of discipline has me frustrated to no end.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

No, we certainly aren't.

We can't expect to win the World Series every year. So I don't think it's fair to call this season "disappointing." We've had so many players underperform, yet we won 90 games and made the playoffs. I'll take that any day.

Hart has "underperformed" terribly in the second half. Prince didn't hit 50 HR's. Other than that, who has underperformed?

I get the sense sometimes that guys are afraid to swing the bat, because nothing good is coming out of that. Instead, they go up there and take the first pitch. If that first pitch is a ball, they're going to probably keep taking until a strike is thrown.

When I see Hardy look at a flat fastball right down the middle because it's 1-0, I'm reminded of this thought.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Take away two bad innings and maybe this is a different series.
This is only sort of true. In 15 innings they have 2 runs. A team that scored runs could have those 2 innings, and it could still be a different series. So, you've got to add in at least the first inning tonight, and probably the 6th and 9th yesterday when they couldn't get it done offensively. And, then, somehow account for a team that is built around offense not scoring runs.

Really, I'm not trying to be negative, I'm honestly just confused by this team.

You may run like Mays...

What's weird is if Cameron catches the ball yesterday (or maybe if Hall/Weeks don't mess up the bunt) and that questionable pitch is called a strike to Myers, we are close to being up two games to none (provided the rest of the innings go the same).

And Cameron gets another bad jump on a ball hit over his head.

Why are we so awesomely sure to bring him back next year?

Oh, crap. I'm being negative again...

Wow. What a glorious effort to catch that ball. I wish it would have worked out for him!

I thought you were done watching?

I thought you were done watching?

I thought you were done reading my posts?

I mean, I know we don't have an ignore button on Yuku, but it's really not that hard. If you see my name, skip to the next post.

Either that, or stop complaining. It's kind of like how you shouldn't complain about who the President is if you choose not to vote in the election.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

If I hear ANY boos for Hart, Weeks, or Hall on Saturday, I will be extremely disappointed in Brewers fans.

May I ask why?

Because it's completely bush league for fans to boo players who helped get their team to their first playoffs in 26 years. Plus, it would be pretty hypocritical after the lovefest on Sunday.

Because it's completely bush league for fans to boo players who helped get their team to their first playoffs in 26 years. Plus, it would be pretty hypocritical after the lovefest on Sunday.

Well to any "booers" defense, Corey Hart and Bill Hall did absolutely nothing to help this team get to the playoffs in the second half. So there's that.

Take away two bad innings and maybe this is a different series.

You see, I have to agree with you here. That's what has disappointed me time and time again this season. In particular, the Post Season has been a glaring example of defensive liability and poor decisions. I'm not sure how the bats go so totally cold like they have right now, but they have. Perhaps this club needs to mix in more pure hitters to actually do some damage while the power guys are striking out or grounding out to the corners. I dunno. Post Season is great, and I'm happy our team is a part of it, but such an anemic display of baseball skill has me fully discouraged and down right angry.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I mean, I know we don't have an ignore button on Yuku, but it's really not that hard. If you see my name, skip to the next post.

Sure there is. Under the poster's name, there is an 'interact' dropdown menu, with an option to select 'ignore'

Not sure why I am even getting involved in this, but why does it matter if someone is negative? If you don't like it, take the advice I give my kids...ignore it.
It just gets annoying when people declare they are done with the team but keep coming back to the game threads to vent.

The booers should can it when they're introduced on the foul lines before Saturday's game. Kinda like they shouldn't have booed Gagne on Opening Day. If Hart's incompetence continues, he's fair game, IMO. He opened himself up for a load of criticism with his comments about the booing.

The way I look at it, even Delmon "First Pitch Swinging" Young has learned to take the first pitch once in a while. It's unbelieveably disappointing to me that Hart can't figure out this concept. And Hall hasn't justified ten cents of that huge contract we gave him, so as far as I'm concerned, boo away.

I think I'd be upset if they booed Gagne at this point, because he's actually worked pretty hard and been solid since the Break. But if they want to boo Hart and Hall, they can have at it as far as I'm concerned.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived