Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sad....sad....sad

As exciting as last week was, and how cool Sunday was, I think this team is in a little over their heads. The offense is just sooooooo bad. I watch them, and I wonder how they ever won 90 games. Instead of getting fired, Yost should have been named manager of the year.

I keep looking back to that Hart GIDP in the first which totally let Meyers off the hook. We do more damage in that inning, and I highly doubt that Philly has more than even two runs.
I am extraordinarily impressed that you are able to post with no head.

26 years....for this?

I'd just love to see some sort of offensive life from this team, but they appear to be the proverbial "playoff fodder" right now.

On the bright side, they do have a history of getting a pick-me-up by simply coming home.

Plus, we have Dave Bush pitching Saturday. What could possibly go wrong?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Tony Gwynn just struck out against Myers, so I guess that would have been a more productive at bat than Hart's in the 1st had he started in place of Hart.
Well, considering the DP ended the inning, and a K would have at least given COunsell an AB with the bases loaded - yes. Now, its doubtful they woul dbe in teh same spots in the line up, its a moot point, and the argument is silly to begin with.

If I hear ANY boos for Hart, Weeks, or Hall on Saturday, I will be extremely disappointed in Brewers fans.

May I ask why?

(Too bad if I can't, because I just did, I guess. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif)

I'm not sure I could muster up the energy to cheer any of the three right about now. Maybe that doesn't automatically translate to booing, but I sure wouldn't be cheering.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I think the Brewers performance agains the other teams in the playoffs this season tell the entire story. Clearly not in the same league with the Cubs or the Phillies in particular. Simply not ready for prime time.

Just awful performances by nearly everyone but the bullpen this series. Batting just over .100 is completely unacceptable. If these first 2 games doesn't convince those who think Sveum should be kept that he should be fired, nothing will. Just keep trotting out the same guys who've done nothing the last month and hope things are going to change. And I won't even start on overworking Sabathia. They can say it was his idea, he was OK with it, etc... but you have to MANAGE your players. Ugh. What a disappointing season.

Archived