Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So..is it fair to officially call CC a choker in the playoffs?

Is it fair to call you the fairweather fan of the century?

Uh...the guy had a 8.80 ERA last year in the playoffs. He's given up 5 runs in less than 4 innings tonight. I love the guy. I love the Brewers. But come on, don't discount my point just because you're sulking with the Brewers losing...jeez.

Well the pitch locator didn't make it look like Myers should have been struck out. Or am I missing something?
I think we're all so used to such liberal strike zones that it seems weird when borderline pitches are called a ball like they should be. I had no problem with the zone. He shold of just blew him away with a fastball after it was 0-2.

So..is it fair to officially call CC a choker in the playoffs?

Is it fair to call you the fairweather fan of the century?

Uh...the guy had a 8.80 ERA last year in the playoffs. He's given up 5 runs in less than 4 innings tonight. I love the guy. I love the Brewers. But come on, don't discount my point just because you're sulking with the Brewers losing...jeez.

Are you all going to do this all game?

I know many of you never want to hear about 1982 again, but since I need to look for a glimmer of hope... remember how the Brewers started in the first round of the playoffs back then?

PS - Cy Vukovich lost game 2

I think we're all so used to such liberal strike zones that it seems weird when borderline pitches are called a ball like they should be. I had no problem with the zone.

I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it if Myers hadn't gotten a bunch of borderline calls himself after throwing more balls than strikes in the first inning.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Hopefully they will find some luck at home Sat night.
Regardless of this current downer of a game, Sat. is going to be fun. I wish I could be there.
You think? I've been using every connection I have to try and get tickets, but I'm not sure if I even should now. It's going to be rough.

4th straight start on 3 days rest, (and they had no choice, given the way the series dates fell) turned out to be a bridge too far.

Had the wall been hit on the third start, we wouldn't be here right now.

Hope Miller is a zoo the next two games and try to get back here with CC on normal rest.

I'm not a big fan of managers getting tossed, but if Sveum had a "discussion" with the HP ump after giving Stetter instructions, it wouldn't have bothered me in the least.

Archived