Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
He started on 3 days rest 3 straight starts and looked great. Today he's run his fastball up there pretty good and doesn't seem tired. So thus I think the word "choke" can be brought up.

Starting on three days rest a bunch of times doesn't normally effect velocity. It does effect command however.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Phillies are especially good when they get 4 strikes to work with in their AB's.

Hey, if they only got four strikes to work with, Myers would have been punched out and the slam never would have happened because the inning would have been over.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Am I alone in thinking: I sort of expected the Brewers to lose (I hoped they'd win behind CC, and I know it's not over), but I expected them to lose. And, really, all I wanted was for it not to be ugly. All the people who know I'm a Brewers fan (I live out east) tomorrow now will give me that look that says, man your team sucked last night. And I work side by side with a Red Sox fan and a Phillies fan. So, I just wanted the Brewers to look respectable. Yesterday I really thought they did minus 1 inning, but right now, this is just ugly.

Yeah, a baserunner.

You may run like Mays...

anyone else want to punch your tv when those Chuck Schwab ads come on?

Nope. Just Frank TV amd Cash4Gold.com.

Frank, as Dr. Phil, just called you out with the "too many ads, deal with it" spot.

I now join you in hating those ads. Even if he is from Waukesha.

Am I alone in thinking: I sort of expected the Brewers to lose (I hoped they'd win behind CC, and I know it's not over), but I expected them to lose. And, really, all I wanted was for it not to be ugly. All the people who know I'm a Brewers fan (I live out east) tomorrow now will give me that look that says, man your team sucked last night. And I work side by side with a Red Sox fan and a Phillies fan. So, I just wanted the Brewers to look respectable. Yesterday I really thought they did minus 1 inning, but right now, this is just ugly.

Yeah, a baserunner.

I kind of feel like if we're all totally honest with ourselves, we all had that worry in the back of our heads. Your heart tells you that we're in the playoffs, but your head looks at our complete lack of pitching, the fact that we have no one batting over .300 and guys like Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks on this team and if you totally remove your fandom-rose-colored glasses, you realize that the likelihood here is slim and none.

Yeah, a baserunner.

I hear you. I live in Chicago, so as of now, it's ok. But tomorrow could be different if the Cubs win tonight.

Then again, for some reason, losing the first two (not over yet) epitomizes this season for a two win weekend at home and a decider next Tues. Doesn't it? Play with our souls and hearts, this team. Sheesh.

CC is a great athlete. Please stay in Milwaukee.

Hey, show the Myers at bat again! Great!

Not only can CC hit, he has better fielding than Weeks and Hall

I think we can pay the guy a bit bigger compliment than that, no matter how crappy a day this is.

I mean, my six-year-old is probably a better fielder than Weeks and Hall, and he doesn't even own a glove.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Well the pitch locator didn't make it look like Myers should have been struck out. Or am I missing something?

I'm not watching, but I will guarantee you that two of the four pitches that were called balls to Myers were already called strikes when Myers was pitching, and one of them was called a strike in the top of the next inning.

I don't know if they were really strikes or not, but the floating zone the first two games has been embarrassing to watch.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived