Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
What most frustrates me is that the exact same pitch which was a strike in the first inning was not a strike in the second inning.

The same thing happened yesterday. The difference is that Cole Hamels could have played the whole game with a strike zone the size of a piece of toilet paper and it wouldn't have mattered much.

The fact that Brett Myers, who threw more balls than strikes in the first inning, is getting these calls...well, let's just say that I'm not watching anymore. I'd like my television to not have things thrown through it.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Even in a losing effort, I should be able to watch and enjoy the fact that we're in the playoffs, but this offense is so hopelessly, pathetically lost, that it's just painful. 1-2-3 in the order muster 2 popups and a strikeout. And now we have to face the fact that Hart will be batting next inning. Gah.

Even in a losing effort, I should be able to watch and enjoy the fact that we're in the playoffs, but this offense is so hopelessly, pathetically lost, that it's just painful. 1-2-3 in the order muster 2 popups and a strikeout. And now we have to face the fact that Hart will be batting next inning. Gah.
Were you upset when Durham walked and Braun doubled in the 1st inning? They aren't going to get hits every time.

So..is it fair to officially call CC a choker in the playoffs?

The guy gets squeezed and then the Phillies pitcher gets the calls. (See: ball one to Myers vs strikes one & two to Durham) That makes him a choker?

Just got online, so yeah, I'm piling on.

I'm traveling on biz today, get in the car to try and catch the game. Turn to ESPN Radio to immediately hear "and the Phillies get out of the jam after a 1-2-3 double play with the bases loaded" and they go to commercial without saying anything else.

I say to myself "I'll bet my paycheck, that was Corey Hart".

What a surprise.

Over/Under of hit number 2 is the 7th inning, I'm taking the over...

Were you upset when Durham walked and Braun doubled in the 1st inning? They aren't going to get hits every time.

No, they'll usually get about 4 per game (the entire lineup, that is.)

I'm not sure if the Phillies are this good or if the Brewers just suck today but the way the Phillies are playing, there gonna give the Cubs a run for there money in the NLCS.

Who says the Cubs are a lock?

Archived