Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing

Your Milwaukee Brewers continue NLDS play Thursday, aiming to bring a 1-1 series tie back to Milwaukee.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/28/28776_large.jpg

CC Sabathia takes the mound on three days' rest, following a landmark win for the franchise on Sunday.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/0e/fullj.4deb163f6604ce182f968d96ec41746d/4deb163f6604ce182f968d96ec41746d-getty-80321677dh0373_brav_phil.jpg

Brett Myers last pitched September 24, surrendering 10 hits and 6 runs (4 earned) in 4.1 innings vs. the Braves.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't know about our hitters. No one is having good at bats except maybe Counsel and Durham. Their approach in game one was a little absurd. But i have to give credit to Hamels. He pitched a gem. Would've liked to see more patience though.
Formerly Andersoc420

Community Moderator

This is our season right here.

If we lose, we need a repeat of the 1982 ALCS to move on.

If we win, we suddenly have a chance to finish the deal at home.

I predict Brewers 4, Phillies 3.

Please note the the following from the board language guidelines:

What kind of language is not allowed?

Language is critical in any online forum, and Brewerfan.net aims to be more genteel than other sites.

Most major cuss-words are filtered out, with a character string such as @#%$.

Also filtered out are some words which are not strictly 'cuss' words, but are widely recognized as derogatory.

• Preview your posts before sending, and if the preview screen shows that a word you used is filtered out, edit your post. (Would you use that language around your neighbor's 10-year-old?)
  • Using creative spellings or abbreviations to avoid the cuss filter is also not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, replacing letters in cuss words with characters or spaces. As an example, the use of "BS" is not allowed when intended to stand for a cuss word ("what a load of BS"). BS is allowed when intended to stand for non-cusses (Ben Sheets, bachelor of science, etc.).
There were a couple of violations of the above rules in yesterday's in-game thread. I don't believe there's any public moderator acknowledgment of those violations. However, rest assured that those members have been PMed.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am under the assumption that we will lose the next time we face Hamels. Change up throwing lefty just seems like a difficult matchup for us. That means this is a must win game to continue our season as far as I'm concerned.

This is as close to a must win as you'll get. You have your ace, if you don't win, you have to rely on wins from both Bush and Soup, which is a lot to ask. I think one of those guys will throw darts and shut them down, but I have little faith in both. I thought we'd pluck a win yesterday, but alas we're going to need to take care of business at home. Let's start a winning streak!
Formerly Andersoc420

I am under the assumption that we will lose the next time we face Hamels. Change up throwing lefty just seems like a difficult matchup for us.
It is for this reason I am and have been extremely concerned about Saturday. The Brewers will likely be rather geeked up playing on front of the home crowd, and Moyer is gonna roll those things up there. I can't imagine how far out in front our hitters are going to be.

This is a must win game for us. I'm worried because our offense is in the toilet right now and CC can't possibly continue to throw 1 run complete games forever. It would be extremely nice to actually get him a few runs early.

Myers last good start was against the Brewers, so hopefully he can stay in his form for the last 2 starts since then.

I'm still pumped up just because it's a playoff game. Even after watching one I'm still sort of in disbelief that it's really happening. They can win this game today, just gotta get some runners on and in and CC should do his part.
You may run like Mays...

I really hope the offense can get CC some runs today. If they don't I guess CC will just do it all himself, hit a solo HR and drive in Counsell after Craig walks and Kendall bunts him to second. I hope that isn't how we win, but the way CC has played for us this year he has done it all. I believe CC's run here in Milwaukee has been one of the best half season in the history of the game. He has just been so dominant it's sick. I'm glad I was able to see him pitch two games in person.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived