Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Non-Brewer game thread

jjfanec
I thought there might be some people interested in the Cubs game. Sweet Lou will probably get a free ride for this but leaving Dempster out there when he obviously did not have it was a huge mistake and may just cost them this game. There is a lot of game left but wow, leaving Dempster in to face Loaney and Kemp was just terrible coaching. 4-2 Dodgers

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago whaddya say the Cubs are going to choke today.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Lou really blew this one for them in my mind. That was a terrible job of handling a pitching staff. If Ned would have done that the Fire Yost thread would have had an extra 2-3 pages of vents on it.

The Cubs need the good Zambrano tomorrow or they are done. That bullpen will be tested against the Dodgers because Big Z has been scuffling and Harden has trouble going deep in games.

Sweet, sweet schaedenfraude always eases the pain

I agree that Lou got straight-up out-classed by Torre tonight. If Big Z is the Big Z he most often has been recently, the Cubs are in big trouble. The pressure on those players must be absolutely crushing.

I think even if Zambrano pitches reasonably well the Cubs are in trouble tomorrow. Billingsly is going to be real tough on their line-up. And eventhough it didn't really show tonight, getting Furcal back is a huge boost for that Dodger team. They have been a real good team in september and through 1 game in oct

Archived