Brewer Fanatic

9/28/08 Cubs (Guzman) at Brewers (Sabathia): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gladfully i was totally wrong about the results today.

Congrats to all the wonderful fans in Milwaukee and around the US.

Playoffs after 26 years is really unreal .

Good luck to the Brew Crew and go get them in Philly

PS please do get CC signed big time he worth the price

again except my apolizes for me being so negative ,it very hard for this 44 year old fan from NYC

No what is interesting.. Gallardo blowing out his ACL this year could be a blessing as we have a fresh ace going into the playoffs especially with Sheets is done... also Parra looked refreshed.. I would almost line up my rotation for the playoffs:

Gallardo - Parra - Sabathia - Bush

and I would seriously consider making McClung my closer as Torres looks done.

Greetings All.

I've been a fan of this team since 1974, I've had some great times, but I've certainly seen my share of bad baseball!

This is awesome, the last time it happened, I was 15 years old, today, my youngest child is 15 years old.

Congratulations to all of you, who have passionately followed this team through the years, and congratulations to the players, the front office, and everyone who works for the organization! It's a wonderful time for the franchise - we can stop hearing about 26 years, blah, blah, blah now!

I know, I know, I'm late.

I was too busy SCREAMING!

25 FREAKIN' YEARS! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

EDIT: And it took me a bit to get the ZERO reference. Niiice. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody

"Do you believe this?" - John 11:26b

In my many, many, way to many years watching B ball, back to growing up in Chicago, and my last 16 years as a partial game seat holder: I have never experienced, felt or seen a anything like today at Miller Park.

It was so loud, you could feel it. The win. Then watching the game on the scoreboard. The clinch! Players out on the field running around like little kids.

Thanks Crew, let's win some more games. but for two days, let's enjoy!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was at the last brewer home playoff game - 1982 world series - with my father.

Today I got to be there, this time with my 9 year old son (thanks to friends who gave me tickets) and watch the crew return to the playoffs. Magnificent feeling.

Enjoy everyone.

PS - our friends who gave us the tickets are huge cub fans - they said it was such an important game to us, and not a big deal to them, that they wanted us to experience it.

Best sporting event I have ever attended. I thought the stands were going to collapse when Braun homered. Best yet, it was against the Cubs. It could have been against the Padres, Pirates, or Rockies, et al, but to make it even more perfect, it was against the CUBS!

I ended up taking home a pocket full of gold and blue confetti. My three year old son and almost 2 yr old daughter had a blast with catching it and stuffing it my pockets!!! Something I will always remember!!!!

I hope this win helps the team play a little more loose. I think the pundits will have them as the underdogs, so go out and shock the world!!!

No words can describe the feelings I had during this game. I was 2 when we were in the playoffs so because I can't remember that I've been cheering for a team my whole life without them making the playoffs. This is just amazing! Thank you guys for playing your ass off this year and making all of WI so proud. There were a lot of people who dropped a lot of tears at the end of this one.

Archived