Brewer Fanatic

Protrade.com

Weeks4MVP
Just curious as to whether or not anyone else has an account there. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a sports stock market where you can buy and sell players based on fantasy production. You earn fake "PT Money" which you can redeem for rewards such as autographed merchandise, PS3, XBOX 360, and flat screen tvs. The best thing is it is free. I've been playing it for about a year and a half now (I'm up to $1,439,000 and you start with $25,000). I figured I would mention it since everyone around here seems to know a lot about sports and I was wondering if anybody had certain strategies that seemed to work out well.

$100 gift cards to nike, stub hub, and fat head...steve nash autographed jerseys or basketball, derrek lee autographed jersey, $150 gift cards to fathead, $250 gift card to stub hub and nike.....the most expensive reward is a 50 inch plasma tv for 6 million

I've been playing around on there since Feburary and made it up to about $65000. Not great, but I didn't really start paying attention that much until about 3 months ago.

Weeks4MVP--did you make most of your protrade money in challenges or just regular trading?

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

just regular trading....It took me forever to get up to 100,000 and then once you get up to 450,000 things go a lot faster as well because you can invest 15,000 in the 30 players (the max). On earnings days I usually make about 50,000 now.

bernie- This is probably a REALLY stupid question, but I've been wondering about shorts and you will probably be able to answer my question. I signed up for this 2 days ago after reading this link. So far I've shorted 2 people. One now has a +%, and one a -%, but they both say "gain." I'm guessing the -% is what I want, but I want to be sure. When you short, you still want the -%, they don't switch it around, right?

bernie- This is probably a REALLY stupid question, but I've been wondering about shorts and you will probably be able to answer my question. I signed up for this 2 days ago after reading this link. So far I've shorted 2 people. One now has a +%, and one a -%, but they both say "gain." I'm guessing the -% is what I want, but I want to be sure. When you short, you still want the -%, they don't switch it around, right?

Yea, shorting is basically saying "i think this guy is gonna drop in price." If his value drops, you make money. For example, i shorted the cubs, and they lost around $40 a share. I made $40 per share profit because of it. However, if people start buying him(and not shorting), you lose money.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I started up on Protrade about a week ago and am just getting the swing of things. It's pretty addicting, though, especially with constant updates. I've joined a few challenges as well, we'll see how they go.

My username there is the same as here, so anyone looking to add to their "community", feel free. Perhaps eventually we can create a Brewerfan challenge.

they are automatically sold...you just need to cash them out after the earning day happens. For example at 2:30 all the players will be set to their earnings, you have to cash out every single one of these players (it is the only option you have for those players).

Archived