Brewer Fanatic

Playoffs Messages to the Cubs

Menotti80
As much as I dislike the Cubs, I have a hard time piling on, it just doesn't feel right to me.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next year they can invite a hobo in to urinate all over their dugout. Maybe that will work for them.

I doubt you would be able to tell the difference. I went to one game there and it smelled pretty much like a hobo dumping ground all over. At the time I was quite excited to go to a game there because everyone said how great an atmosphere it was. I have never been so disappointed as I was with that experience. The fans didn't seem to really know when to cheer or what was really going on. It was a party but if I wanted to go to a party in a crappy smelly place filled with obnoxious buffoons I would have just went to a frat party and saved the money.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I doubt you would be able to tell the difference. I went to one game there and it smelled pretty much like a hobo dumping ground all over. .
Make no mistake, for all it's "charm" and "history", Wrigley is a dump. It's a crap hole that's left standing for the same reason that guys like Joe Morgan think batting average is the key stat for evaluating offensive performance. They can't let go of the past.

Seriously, it's 2008, there's nothing charming about peeing in a trough. There's nothing charming about sitting in tiny wooden seats. There's nothing charming about having awful sightlines in 30% of the park (or more). And there sure isn't anything charming about the entire place smelling like a mixture of urine, sweat, and roller grill hotdogs.

Your stadium is urban blight that should be condemned. When concrete chunks started randomly falling out a few years back, that should have been the first clue. My only hope is that when that crap hole finally heaves it's last breath and collapses, nobody gets hurt.

Just because they are Cubs fans doesn't mean they can't voice their opinion

This seems to be an appropriate time to note that the Cubs fans who post here have basically been model members. I don't believe any of them have been issued a strike or a warning.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

After watching the Packers and Brewers today and going to the UW game last night, I can certainly empathize with Cubs fans.

But I got to watch the end of Game 3 right next to a family of three gomers all wearing Cubs gear, and I have to second this opinion:

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/4bd15994833519c190381b639410cf6310ba54f.gif

I was in need of a good laugh today. Thanks for the thread.

First let me say that I agree with the signature in the previous post about Ronnie Woo-woo. He is a despicable individual.

I just find it very interesting that so many of you seem to be happier about the Cubs losing than you are unhappy that the Brewers lost.

I guess since you hadn't been to the playoffs in 26 years, then winning a playoff game was kind of exciting, but losing 3-1 is better than losing 3-0??? Gimme a break! Fact of the matter is that both teams did a terrible job of representing the NL Central, a division that had 4 teams in the playoff hunt late in the season.

I just find it very interesting that so many of you seem to be happier about the Cubs losing than you are unhappy that the Brewers lost.

I guess since you hadn't been to the playoffs in 26 years, then winning a playoff game was kind of exciting, but losing 3-1 is better than losing 3-0??? Gimme a break!

I think most of our solid fanbase knew we would be lucky to get deep into the playoffs, thus the expectations heading into the playoffs were much different. Being out of the playoffs for us, is probably much easier to swallow than for Cub fans. We can look back and be grateful for having been there, while it will probably sting for some time for the Cubs' base to think back to this year.

An all-out biting article on the Cubs' postseason;

"It's Gonna Happen." That was the unofficial slogan of the Cubs this year. And it did. Another failed October. Another sweep. Another long, cold winter of what-ifs.

I think most of the Brewer fans expected to lose, especially when Sheets went down. I was really hoping to win one and maybe two but I was not expecting us to win. As for the Cubs they were predicted to go to the series by almost everyone so their situations were much different. I think the Brewers did a much better job representing the Central. Losing 3-1 as the underdog is not too surprising. Losing 3-0 as a World Series favorite is surprising.

I would not say people are happier about the Cubs losing, but it just helped ease the sting. I am sure everyone here would have traded this scenario for a Cubs vs Brewers NLCS.

Archived