Brewer Fanatic

Playoffs Messages to the Cubs

Menotti80
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Cubs a lot. I'm a die-hard Brewers fan for life and always have been.

That said, the Cubs have nothing to be ashamed of. They are division champs and were very good all season. They were better than the Brewers, certainly.

The playoffs are a crap-shoot. Anything can happen in these short series. Hey, the Royals or Padres or Nationals could go all the way if given the chance to compete in a best of 5/7 series format with other teams in the playoffs. The best team doesn't always win in the playoffs. It just doesn't. I don't think the Cubs choked or anything. I think they just slumped somewhat at the wrong time and the Dodgers peaked a little at the right time.

The regular season for all its games is a bit undervalued if you ask me.

Regardless of all that I've just said, it's nice to know that the Cubs are out of the picture. Go Brewers!

I find the whole Billy Goat Curse thing really funny as well as Lou's comments about it. This year, they even invited a priest to bless their dugout with holy water before Game 1, a lot of good that did them...

Here's hoping that the curse (and the good comedy) continues for the next 100 years.

I hate the Cubs a lot. I'm a die-hard Brewers fan for life and always have been.

That said, the Cubs have nothing to be ashamed of. They are division champs and were very good all season. They were better than the Brewers, certainly.

The playoffs are a crap-shoot. Anything can happen in these short series. Hey, the Royals or Padres or Nationals could go all the way if given the chance to compete in a best of 5/7 series format with other teams in the playoffs. The best team doesn't always win in the playoffs. It just doesn't. I don't think the Cubs choked or anything. I think they just slumped somewhat at the wrong time and the Dodgers peaked a little at the right time.

Everyone in Chicago would tell you differernt.

They had 3 of the best pitchers in baseball going. They had the best record in the NL all year by a wide margine. They had home field advatage.

They had career years out of guys like.. Mark DeRosa, Ryan Theriot, Ryan Dempster, Geovany Soto, Reed Johnson.

Jim Edmonds came out of no where and was on fire. They had Carlos Marmol and Kerry Wood in the bullpen. They had everything you could want in a playoff run.

They Choked. Yes the playoffs are a crapshoot but they totally choked.

The karma police are preventing me from commenting on the Cubbies... we still have a game tomorrow...
I have no problem with it. Whose expectations were higher than the sun and whose chest-thumping rang like gongs?

Not the NL Central team that will still be competing in a playoff Game 4 tomorrow.

The karma police are preventing me from commenting on the Cubbies... we still have a game tomorrow...
I have no problem with it. Whose expectations were higher than the sun and whose chest-thumping rang like gongs?

Not the NL Central team that will still be competing in a playoff Game 4 tomorrow.

you're right... even if we lose tomorrow, here is the only thing that would matter:

Cubs eliminated October 4

Brewers eliminated October 5

It would be even better though if we could WIN!!!

Zambrano is only going to get worse from here on out as well in my opinion. I'm not sure the Cubs can just sit on the roster they have now if they expect the world series next year. It is a roster than can take the division again I'm sure, just not sure if it is enough for the world series.

No, the Cobs fans are all aware that our team is doomed next season. Lee is rapidly aging, Soriano is aging and injury prone (and has career playoff OPS's in order of .713, .563, .562, .343, .154). Dempster is a free agent, Harden could be done at any second, Hill was in rookie league last I checked, Marmol is weird, our SS are bad, Derosa is trade bait (if still a useful player), who knows if Fukudome will ever make the MLB adjustment, Pie needs to come through... I don't think any Cobs fans expect next season to go better, absent someone buying the team and spending a ton of money in the offseason. If we win the division next year, it will be because you guys lost 2 of your three good starters and fielder is too fat to stand for a full inning at a time.

(ok, I'm slightly more pessimistic than I will be in a few weeks. But not that much.)

Zambrano is only going to get worse from here on out as well in my opinion. I'm not sure the Cubs can just sit on the roster they have now if they expect the world series next year. It is a roster than can take the division again I'm sure, just not sure if it is enough for the world series.

If we win the division next year, it will be because you guys lost 2 of your three good starters and fielder is too fat to stand for a full inning at a time.

Cool dude, come to a Brewer site and call Prince fat.

Heh heh... From NSBB :

100 years is inexcusable.

The freking ROYALS have won it all once since I became a Cubs fan 30 or so years ago.

How can we show our anger, frustration, hurt, tears to the team?

Im serios of putting up a demonstration outside the Cubs Convention.

Im serious about beating down anyone who either brings up the '100 year chokers,' or the blue kool-aid people who say "It was a magical season'

Ive had a terrible week.. Personal marital problems, car wreck, writen up at work, and now this.

Written up at work! Wife leavin you? Trashed the Duster? Tonite, let it be Lowenbrau!

They had everything you could want in a playoff run.

They Choked. Yes the playoffs are a crapshoot but they totally choked.

You are correct, sir. The Cubs choked major big time.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/kwik-e-simpsons/wallpapers/nelson-1024x768.gif

A win tomorrow would make this SO MUCH sweeter.

IMO, there's no doubt they choked. They had the best team in baseball, three of baseball's best SP the past three games, and they were outscored 20-6. I don't think anyone could have forseen the way Zambrano and Harden pitched, but you could see the offense slumping. The starters scored only 2 runs in Milwaukee last weekend. There's no way around it -- the Cubs played horribly this series.

It'll be either the Brewers, Phillies, or Dodgers in the World Series. That sounds so sweet to say.

Archived