Brewer Fanatic

Playoffs Messages to the Cubs

Menotti80

I know it sucks to lose the first 2 games of the playoffs, but there is no need to ban people from your board for saying that Zambrano has seen his best days already due to arm abuse. I'll say the same exact thing about Sheets and Sabathia because it is the truth. Sad that the forum mods are that obsessive about things on the cub board.
You really thought that when the Cubs were being blown away and crushing the spirit of the entire fanbase of the Cubs was the perfect time to mention that you think Z's better days are behind him?
I didn't really think about it, just posted my opinion. Same thing as earlier in the thread when I defended DeRosa to a Cubs fan saying that when you produce 3 years in a row it isn't a fluke anymore.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My message to the Cubs.....better luck next year. The Dodgers have 3 games to win 1. You have 3 games to win 3. Odds definitely for the Dodgers there.

On a side note, I'm disappointed in the Brewers, but just joyful they made it into the playoffs. I'd love to see them in the World Series, but the realist in me said that they would more than likely lose this series. However, it brings me absolute, sheer and total joy to see the Cubs go down in flames again and again and again. I have many people that I know who are Cubs fans, and it's quite fun to rub it in to them. GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!

Its funny, because I am one that pretty much all season has been talking about how obviously better the Cubs were then the Brewers. I still believe that, but if you were to ask me which team has the best chance to come back from an 0-2 hole right now, I'm not sure I wouldn't say the Brewers. That's based almost entirely on the fact that they get to come home now while the Cubs have to go to LA (although having to face underhand tossing Jamie Moyer at home in desperation time gives me visions of some really terrible looking AB's).

I don't know though, at this point nothing would surprise me.

Probably because the Brewers aren't expected to do anything whereas the Cubs have been the NL favorite for pretty much the entire year.

That makes sense. The Brewers are doing what they've done all year - bad defense and no offense, while the Cubs are not doing any of the things they've done all year.

I won't speak to Cubs fans directly, for fear of them vomiting Old Style on my shoes, but if I did I would say this:

Here is your rotted meat, you fools, now eat it and be poisoned. I humbly beg God to visit a second century of losing on your wretched franchise.

You've cannibalized the corpse of your loser mythology for so long, tempting the baseball gods with a mediocre product, that it was outrageous for you to want for anything more than the shabby failure you now must endure. Whining, whining, whining, in that low and lupine moan of Ron Santo: That is the measure of your days. "Ohhhhhhh nooooooooo.....another popout for Fookoodoomee.....Nnnnooooooo."

His cries are as the bells of heaven to my ears.

You've come from your suburban tract homes to our fair city, toting your vast mountains of disposable income, and brayed your gassy challenges, pounded your larded chests and thumbed your red-veined noses at our team.

To be sure, we will share the same fate as your team, losing in this divisional round, but we do not celebrate failure, we merely suffer through it and pray to be able to compete with the bloated payrolls that your management has squandered over history.

You have been given much and have wasted it. What is left is a putrifying sense of entitlement, crammed down the rest of baseball's throat. It's Gonna Happen? It already has.

Another winner from Bring Back the Stein.

I have to admit, as I watched the Manifest Destiny unfold last night I thought of this BBtS gem from last September:

Cornelius 'Cliff' Floyd's comments about the anxieties felt by the fans and his piss dribbling about the Astros pitchers, Zambrano's inability to win in this stretch, Piniella's need to posture in the press about his 3-game margin of confidence, the statistical fall back to earth of their bullpen and starting rotation, the throaty boorishness of the frontrunners among this most frontrunning bunch of fans: It all has The Feel.

I've come to terms with this season for the Brewers. It's like having heard the death rattle and waiting for the light. I think we're in a position to win, but whatever. The team has shown some stones. The young lions have come to play. The manager has played to win. We're in first place with 12 games left in the 2007 season. Not that that's enough for me, but, again, I'm at peace with it.

As for the Cubs? God is just and they never will know peace. But they will know The Feel, the icy-black coldness that starts with a Wuertz grooved fastball, spreads with a tear in a Soriano quad, and ends in their facile mantras about waiting until next year, muttered over the dying sounds of a Wurlitzer.

Edit: The Bastards.

That DLee booted ball had The Feel written all over it.

Dempster giving up the granny to Loney had The Feel.

I wonder how Harden's elbow is feeling.

Best post I just read...

"The playoffs are a joke. 97 freaking wins, far and away the best team in the league, and we play two bad games and we're all but done.

Screw that."

Yeah your right, the Cubs should just be awarded the NL for having the best record in the NL.

"The playoffs are a joke. 97 freaking wins, far and away the best team in the league, and we play two bad games and we're all but done. Screw that."
That quote ranks right up there with Hank Stienbrenner complaining about the playoff format not being fair after the Yankees were eliminated this year. Sour grapes. It is what it is. Play better.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Yep, making 2 errors a game and giving up like 5 BB a game is just bad luck, poor Cubs.

The Cubs way overproduced in their 97 wins imo, they had a ton of career years and almost no slumps other than maybe fukudome and now karma is catching up with them.

Best post I just read...

"The playoffs are a joke. 97 freaking wins, far and away the best team in the league, and we play two bad games and we're all but done.

Screw that."

Yeah your right, the Cubs should just be awarded the NL for having the best record in the NL.

Wow! Didn't you know they should keep playing and playing until they win? Lucky this ain't football, or their sorry butts would have been home for days now..

Were the Cubs really as good as their record during the season? Or is this the real Cubs team playing right now?

I'm guessing the Cubs just went into an offensive slump like the Brewers did at the beginning of September. Now the Cubs are pressing and it is showing.

Attention drunken Cub fans in and around Wrigleyville...

http://www.intelligentrecords.com/Comments/WhySoSerious.jpg

I'll pay someone $100 to walk around the area around Wrigley wearing Joker makeup and a Brewers jersey to ask anyone in Cubs Paraphernalia that very question. NOTE: Must sign liability wavier.

The best thing about all this is next year when I go to a game and deal with all those jokers, I can say "Who did better in last years playoffs?" 100 years and counting. [spicoli voice] Awesome. Totally Awesome [/spicoli voice]

Archived