Brewer Fanatic

Playoffs Messages to the Cubs

Menotti80

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll actually give a sincere message:

I actually wish you luck. The Brewers vs. the Cubs in the NLCS would be a phenominal series. It would give the rest of the country (since the series would be on FOX) to see how big the Cubs-Brewers rivalry really is.

After today's games, we both need some help to get there. If neither of us make it, we both deserve it. If both of us make it, that would be stinking awesome and an awful lotta fun. If only one of us make it, it better be the Brewers. But if it is the Cubs, good luck to you.

Thanks to those of you on this site who are well-to-do Cubs fans and baseball-educated as well. I enjoy reading your posts that don't reek of smugness and attitude.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

My message to the Cubs. Don't leave a pitcher who walked the bases loaded and had 7 walks on the game in to face a guy with the bases loaded. That is playing with fire. Watching that game I thought for sure Lou would take him out but he got burned like he should have.

I sincerely wish them the best of luck. Without the Cubs, the Brewers aren't in the playoffs. They played their hearts out, especially last Wednesday night against the Mets, when they had all the reason to be disinterested and give up. If they lose to the Dodgers, that truly is a shame as they ultimately were the ones who had a hand in controlling who they would play (Dodgers or Mets). And I know that if they lose, that will be a major talking point and something you'll hear bemoaned, but I find no reason to not pull for them.

I married an Illinesian. My in-laws are Cubs/ Bears fans, and her (grown) kids are all Sox/Bears fans. Nothing would be nicer to me than the Crew beating the Cubs in the NLCS, then taking the WS from the Sox.

I wonder what kind of offseason the Cubs would have is they lose in the 1st round again? Would it be a major shakeup or would they trot out the same team again? It would be very interesting.

If the Brewers can't win it I will at least take some satisfaction if the Cubs don't win it either.

I wonder what kind of offseason the Cubs would have is they lose in the 1st round again? Would it be a major shakeup or would they trot out the same team again? It would be very interesting.
Personally, I think they'd be wise, regardless of what happens, to keep the team basically the same. Not going to get much better than a high OBP/high SLG lineup, a high K/low BB pitching staff, and a solid defense.

Personally, I think they'd be wise, regardless of what happens, to keep the team basically the same. Not going to get much better than a high OBP/high SLG lineup, a high K/low BB pitching staff, and a solid defense.

That is what I was thinking, but I could see some major over reactions coming out of the front office. However all their big guys (Soriano, Ramirez, and Lee) will be be one year older and they can't possibly count on Edmonds, Theriot, Fontenot to duplicate thier performance next year. It will be a tough call for Jim Hendry.

they can't possibly count on Edmonds, Theriot, Fontenot to duplicate thier performance next year.

Thinking Dempster will be the same as this year isn't all that safe a bet either. He wasn't that good his entire career. I'm not sure if he just figured it out or if he had the proverbial career year. They've also been relatively lucky with injuries.

I'm torn on whether I want them to win or not. On one hand , with the exception to the few good Cub fans who really know and follow their team, I hate the Cubs fans. On the other I wish they could win one WS so they could get over their we haven't won in how long, lovable losers thing. Nothing more annoying as a fan of a team that never won it to listen to fans of another team feel downtrodden because they haven't won one in a long time. Especially when they are one of the teams who can afford what ever they want to buy in baseball.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

A few years ago, I don't think I would have a problem cheering for the Cubs. They have plenty of good fans who are old people and deserve to see a championship before they die. On the other hand, I go to Marquette and there are far too many Cub fans here, and many of the unfriendly/smug variety. This place could get very irritating if the Cubs win. As much as I would like my uncle to be able to enjoy a Cubs World Series, I'd rather enjoy a Brewers title before having to suffer through a Cubs title. That being said, if the Brewers can't win, I guess I wouldn't be too opposed to the Cubs winning, but if they do that's it for another long time.

Zambrano is only going to get worse from here on out as well in my opinion. I'm not sure the Cubs can just sit on the roster they have now if they expect the world series next year. It is a roster than can take the division again I'm sure, just not sure if it is enough for the world series.

I'm kinda frightened of facing the Dodgers in a playoff series. The Dodgers were great in September. The Cubs were the best team in the league over the course of the year but they had stretches were they struggled and the Brewers actually played them pretty well for the season. So, I'd rather see a Cubs-Brewers series.

I'm kinda frightened of facing the Dodgers in a playoff series. The Dodgers were great in September. The Cubs were the best team in the league over the course of the year but they had stretches were they struggled and the Brewers actually played them pretty well for the season. So, I'd rather see a Cubs-Brewers series.
Honestly, at this point, i'd be happy with a brewers vs anybody NLCS.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I know it sucks to lose the first 2 games of the playoffs, but there is no need to ban people from your board for saying that Zambrano has seen his best days already due to arm abuse. I'll say the same exact thing about Sheets and Sabathia because it is the truth. Sad that the forum mods are that obsessive about things on the cub board.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You get banned from NSBB?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Some idiot on NSBB called Milwaukee and armpit and mentioned he'd been there 100 times. I responded that he must have an armpit fetish. I was quickly sent a message that personal attacks aren't allowed. So I made on post on that board and got one reprimand. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead!

BTW, I'm really enjoying watch the Dodgers and Cubs humiliate the Cubs.

I know it sucks to lose the first 2 games of the playoffs, but there is no need to ban people from your board for saying that Zambrano has seen his best days already due to arm abuse. I'll say the same exact thing about Sheets and Sabathia because it is the truth. Sad that the forum mods are that obsessive about things on the cub board.
You really thought that when the Cubs were being blown away and crushing the spirit of the entire fanbase of the Cubs was the perfect time to mention that you think Z's better days are behind him?

You really thought that when the Cubs were being blown away and crushing the spirit of the entire fanbase of the Cubs was the perfect time to mention that you think Z's better days are behind him?

Yea, while i agree Z may not have much left in the tank, the timing is really horrible on that one ennder. Those guys are having one of the biggest chokes in a while(and for a cubs team, that's saying something), you have to expect that kind of reaction. If they lose the series, i don't plan on going over there for atleast a week, just to let everything calm down.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Some idiot on NSBB called Milwaukee and armpit and mentioned he'd been there 100 times. I responded that he must have an armpit fetish. I was quickly sent a message that personal attacks aren't allowed. So I made on post on that board and got one reprimand. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead!

BTW, I'm really enjoying watch the Dodgers and Cubs humiliate the Cubs.

Ehh, I got banned after one post. Tough to beat. :/

We've got problems of our own; why rub Cubs' fans noses in it now? Yeah, I know much more pressure is on that team, but still.

At any rate, I have to think they've just gotta be absolutely collapsing under the gigantic burden on them; I think traveling 2000+ miles from the Friendly Confines and that heavy air of expectation in Chicago will do them some good and they'll play much looser. It's dire, but Harden, Lilly and Dempster with the best-hitting team in the NL could be a worse situation to be in. If they can bring it back to Chicago and win a Game 5 in that kind of situation, I think they're unstoppable. As bad as they've looked, it's not over yet.

Archived