Brewer Fanatic

Jake Peavy

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
according to ESPN, Peavy to Cubs sounds pretty much set in stone. Thats a sick rotation that we cannot compete with.
Where did you hear that? I am watching ESPN and they have said that there is a deadline for today and the Cubs have to trade marquis first and have no takers right now.

Buster Olney just said it is like a tortoise mating ritual which does not make it sound like it will happen quickly. He also said Vitters will be in the center of the deal which is different than what has been said recently.

according to ESPN, Peavy to Cubs sounds pretty much set in stone. Thats a sick rotation that we cannot compete with.
Where did you hear that? I am watching ESPN and they have said that there is a deadline for today and the Cubs have to trade marquis first and have no takers right now.

Buster Olney just said it is like a tortoise mating ritual which does not make it sound like it will happen quickly. He also said Vitters will be in the center of the deal which is different than what has been said recently.

My bad my bad If you go to cnnsi.com(not ESPN) they have a little caption either on the front page or the mlb section where it said they are just waiting on the Cubs owner to OK the deal or whatever, I didn't get to read the whole thing.

A deal built around Escobar would blow away anything the Cubs have been offering up.
We would definatly start with Escobar, but I think the Cubs offer is a little underestimated, because Sean Marshall is underestimated as a pitcher. He's a huge lefty strikethrower with good K numbers. He had an ERA under 4 in 19 starts in 2007. I can see him becoming a quality #2. We would need to trade Cory Hart to get a young MLB ready arm to put into this deal. I'd deal Hart for Marshall, but unfortunatly the Cubs are looking for a lefty swinging OF.

Whether its Peavy or someone else, we should be building an offer for a pitcher using some of our minor league surplus. If we keep all these prospects that will be in AA/AAA next year and put them all on our big league team, we will be way to young to compete, it would be like full rebuild mode. I consider Escobar part of the surplus because of Brent Brewer, who is the best athlete in the organization.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'm not going to hang my hat on Brewer just yet... he still has a ton of holes in his game.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Cubs fans seem to think that Peavy is so mad that he is going to ONLY accept a trade to the Cubs, forcing the Padres to take back very little in a trade when it eventually goes down. Padres, please just keep him.

Cubs fans are delusional.

Any chance the Brewers could get in on him yet, or is it basically certain he will not accept a trade to Milwaukee? Seems kind of silly, since there is not a huge difference between Milwaukee and Chicago, other than the fact that the Brewers have a much nicer ballpark, and the Cubs like to spend their ridiculous payroll unwisely.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think the Cubs offer is a little underestimated, because Sean Marshall is underestimated as a pitcher.

Except the Cubs never put him on the table.

Towers kept putting left-hander Sean Marshall on the table. Never did the Cubs give a nod of approval to Marshall being part of the package.
Link

Any chance the Brewers could get in on him yet, or is it basically certain he will not accept a trade to Milwaukee?

After the comments made yesterday by his agent, I think it's possible he would accept a trade.

"If they come to us with a trade now, we'll consider it. But there won't be any more lists,'' Axelrod said. "No, we're done with that.''

Link

So it sounds to me like they want Towers to go out there and look for offers from all teams. They'll then decide if Peavy wants to go there.

The Brewers need to jump on this....the time couldnt be more right. They lost their two best pitchers with no real options to replace either. In return, they get 4 high draft picks, and as many as 5 total before the start of the second round, which could replenish anything they have to trade to get Peavy. Peavy is one of the best pitchers in the game and he's signed for relatively cheap compared to what guys like Santana and CC are making. Adding him would allow us to at least compete with the Cubs, which is something we cant do right now. Trade what you have to to get him......but if theres any way to hold onto Jeffress, we need to do that. I would not include Parra or Gallardo. A deal involving Escobar, Salome, and maybe two lower level pitchers like Braddock and someone else i think would be ideal.

Thought I would give this a bump.....RoseBwlMtg posted something on the MLB page about seeing a rumor that Peavy is coming for a package centered around Escobar. Said he say the rumor on a Badger board....does anyone have any knowledge of even a rumor of this? I couldn't find anything that even mentions it except for that thread.

Archived