Brewer Fanatic

4/30/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 1:20 CST

Quote:
On a side note, the cubs board is downright hilaaaaaaaaaarious right now. Capuano is trash, Zambrano is struggling because it's wet, the Brewers can't hit - it's just cub pitching that is struggling, and as soon as prior and wood get back, the pressure will be off Zambrano and he will return to form. All in all, it just makes me smile really, really wide.

Which Cubs board, so that I might be able to check this out?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Cubs board, so that I might be able to check this out?? [/i

Northside Baseball game thread. It's like 31 pages long, but there are some gems in there if you really look. Personally, I think I took a little too much time away from studying to celebrate the cub's tribulations, but ah well, it was worth

Always nice to see a stomping of the Cubs and a series win at Wrigley. That ties the all time series at 63 each.

Brewers won this series out scoring the stubs 27-8. The two games we won were by an average of 11.5 runs. Today's win puts Milwaukee over Chicago in the standings. Brewers take over fourth place (14-11) and Chicago drops to (13-10).

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Entering today's game the Cubs were really struggling against leftys, hitting only .203/.298/.307. They did nothing to improve upon that today !

Perhaps next time we face them, we should call up Eveland or Jackson and give them a spot start , just to throw three leftys against them.

BTW, check out the picture of Zambrano on the Cubs website. Looks like he's gonna cry.

Great game from the crew hitting and fielding.

Also Cappy with an excellent effort with his complete game.

The Brewers might want to move Cappy into the second slot.

It was great taking 2/3 from the Cubbies now lets get those stros

Just got back from the game...had a great time...I honestly thought it was gonna rain so hard we weren't going to see a pitch, but man the weather god's were friendly.

A few observations:

-Wrigley was only about half-full at most due to the large number of fans anticipating rainouts. It got down to about 20-25% full by the late innings.

-Maybe it was the weather, but Cub fans didn't have much patience with the team, with many fans gone by the middle inings.

I noticed alot more Crew fans sticking around Miller Park last Sunday even down 8-0 and 11-0. Again, the weather played a big part.

-Cappy's changeup was awesome. When you sit in the upper deck and you still get your breath taken away when he'd pull the string on that pitch, you know its an effective pitch for him.

-Wrigley Field bathrooms stink (both literally and figuratively)

-Cub fans have no problem telling me to "go home" or "sit down" after one of the many big plays today. Funny, I'm getting lectured about Road fan etiquette by Cubs Fans? (Although many fans were nice)

Anyway, it was a great game and a great time. I met a few nice Brewers fans, including a large group of drunks chatting up the "L" on the way home, expressing their love for the Brew Crew with everyone on board (Didn't see a designated driver though...)

Let's keep this good baseball going against those pesky Astros!

Quote:
Brewers take over fourth place (14-11) and Chicago drops to (13-10).

Can anyone explain this to me? Why wouldn't the team with the higher winning percentage be higher in the standings?

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Honestly, the game was perfect. It rained pretty hard on the way down, and rained all the way until we got off the Redline. Then, like someone just turned off the waterworks to let us play ball. Great game, not too many annoying Cub fans, however, there were a decent number of brewer fans.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived