Brewer Fanatic

4/30/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 1:20 CST

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But at least they were generous enough to give us 1 more on the wild pitch just before the out! Capuano with a very healthy amount of run support today. Let's get in this last half inning now to make this game official and make SURE we don't have to worry about it later.

Quote:
Nice simile COOOOP...or is that a metaphor? Didn't see that one coming.

heresrobbin; it is an analogy, but lately, I'm gonna have to say metaphor. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Cappy looking good, but I'm not sitting comfortably yet. I can still see a seven run lead slip away in a hurry at Wrigley with the crowd getting into it. Gotta finish.

BTW, Zambrano will now be 0-for-April. Hopefully 0-2.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote:
Infield fly rule?

If you're wondering about the rule, a batter is automatically out if he hits a infield pop up with less than 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd or the bases loaded.

Stranded leadoff runners at 1st and 2nd. I sure wouldn't like them to be making a habit of that, but today, it shouldn't matter, hopefully.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'd rather see them with 8-9-10 LOB and winning the game that not getting runners. They're hitting well with RISP. They're carrying a good team OBP. It stands to reason that when you get more men on, you're going to leave more on. Part of the reason I think LOB is kind of a subjective stat.

Quote:
put hendrickson in

Really no reason to. I'm all for getting Ben H. some work, but you don't take out your starter after 7 when he has no runs and only 2 hits allowed, and has a PC of 72. You give him the shot at the complete game.

Archived