Brewer Fanatic

4/30/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 1:20 CST

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Here's to finding ways to get Hall in the lineup... way to go Ned. How about CF instead of Brady?

I think Brady is more valuable to the team if he's hitting. Right? The only way to get Brady hitting is to play him.

If Brady flops, and by June is batting .160, then Brady is probably done. But that's unlikely.

Perhaps with Gabe Gross around, as well as with all the outfield talent blocked down in Nashville, perhaps if Brady heats up, he'll be traded.

Maybe not but...

are they taught to leave second base? i was never taught that.

hall did it both times

You want to run the baserunner back to the base he's coming from and make the tag there in case the throw is dropped, tag missed etc. I think Prince held on a little long both times. Cappy was covering first.

Quote:
You want to run the baserunner back to the base he's coming from and make the tag there in case the throw is dropped, tag missed etc.

i got that. i just didnt get hall running toward the runner.

tough call i guess. you are taught to try to make only 1 throw, but also to get the runner back to the base.

nice fake tag by cappy though!

Does Zambrano usually work this quickly? His stuff looks sort of nasty today and he's not wasting any time. Couple that with the ump giving him that outside corner and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10K performance. Won't matter though because the Brewers will still win.

1st and 3rd, nobody out ... everyone safe on the sac bunt attempt!

I actually get to watch the game while posting today. Thank you WGN.

Err, 1 out ... Weeks witha strikeout after a decent at bat. DP will get Z out of the inning,

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Bill hall with the ugly baserunning ... tried to take third on the throwing error but Cappy was already standing there and couldn't advance.

Ground out to 2B followed. Hall's mistake probably cost a run.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived