Brewer Fanatic

4/30/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 1:20 CST

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of looks like Chicago may be in the clear.

Let's rattle Zambrano early and get into his head.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

The latest forecast: "Today...Periods of light rain. Windy. Highs in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 20 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph until late afternoon. Chance of precipitation 90 percent."

I live about a mile from Wrigley and it's definitely wet and dank, but mostly it's a slight drizzle (if that) with the rain occasionally picking up but hardly to a downpour. No lightning/thunder, either. I guess it all depends on how slick the field is; I can imagine neither Nedley or Dusty want their team playing on a slip-n-slide.

From Northsidebaseball.com:

"I just heard on ESPN AM 1000 that the Cubs will probably wait around all day to try and get this game in. The Cubs and Brewers don't have an open day, that works for both teams, for several months. Plus, the Cubs could lose 2.5 M if the game is rained out. They may wait for a window in the weather or just play during a constant light rain."

Oh man, I'll take Dennis FitzSimons head off if we lose someone to injury due to the wet field. Anyway, I better bring extra food and beer money.

Hey all. Sitting at wrigley. About 30 rows behind the brewers dugout. 2nd deck keeping us dry. Its a very steady rain. Hasn't let up or picked up in about 2 hours. If it were just raining like this....I'd say they play, but the fact that it has rained allll day without any breaks makes it tough. The field appears ok but the warning track is starting to turn into some pretty big puddles. I say they play if it stops, but won't try to start it as is. Please keep me posted on what ueck, jp, sut, and bill say. Go crew!!!!!!!

Ryan dempster is sitting 4 rows in front of us sugning autographs for kids. Kinda cool he is in the stands. I didn't expect it to be him...and even said to my buddy..."check out the tool in the full cubs uniform." Next thing I knew he was being swarmed by kids. Then it clicked. Ooops.

wgn just showed a graphic of chris capuano . . . 21 walks allowed . . . most in the national league.

Well, that's definitely whacked out for Capuano, who has 9 BB. Sadly, it's the man in my avatar who currently leads the NL with 26 BB. (Maybe he had 21 going into yesterday's start?)

Even Hothead Zambrano has 20 BB. Hmph.

EDIT: d'oh, I see I'm a bit slow on the post.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived