NL:

1. Brewers - home town team

2. Dodgers - I love LA

3. Phillies - >Cubs

4. Cubs -

AL:

1. Red Sox - The people of Boston treated me like royalty when I was out there

2. Angels - I love LA

3. Rays - enjoy seeing new blood, but why get excited when the people of Tampa aren't exited?

4. White Sox - I do not love Chicago. However, Sox > Cubs

Who are you pulling for besides the Brewers?

#1 - Whoever is playing against the Cubs... obvious
#2 - Whoever is playing against the Red Sox... too much ESPN fixation
#3 - Whoever is playing against the White Sox... too much focus on manager
#4 - Whoever is playing against the Dodgers... can't reward Manny being Manny

Brewers vs Rays would be awesome just to see the television stations whine about small market teams.

I grew up in Sarasota as a Brewers fan and attended many a (Devil) Rays' game (I must admit I even own an Aki Iwamura t-shirt and a cap or two) so the Rays are definitely my number two.

I've decided I won't be upset if the Cubs win it all--I think this is the year they do it and I've got way too many Cubs fan friends to be totally disgusted although I think I will always resent much of their smug fanbase and self-congratulatory culture and cocky players and Ron Santo and Len Casper and Wrigley Field troughs and oh what am I saying--anyone but the Cubs, please.

Red Sox are a close #7.

3. White Sox

4. Dodgers

5. Angels

6. Phillies

This kind of sums it up for me. Part of me could root for the Cubs since I admire the team. I have a lot of friends who are Cubs fans. But the several who found it in their hearts to instigate (thwarted) kerfuffles with me last weekend sort of sour me on the whole idea of the Cubs winning it all. Since one guy told me the Brewers were the most irrelevant team in sports, I decided I hated them all the more.

So,

1)Brewers

2)Dodgers (just because it would mean they beat the Cubs)

3) Phillies (see above)

4) White Sox (I don't have a great fondness, but my grandpa was a Sox fan)

5)Rays

6)Angels

7)Red Sox

8) Cubs. I won't leave them off the list entirely. I'll tell myself that if they do do it, maybe their fanbase will be less annoying (I doubt it though, but I can dream, just I dream of 1) above)

My ideal would be Brewers beat the Cubs in the NLCS and then they beat the White Sox in the World Series. I just like the idea of an I-94 NLCS and WS.

It's hard for me to rank the teams, as I'd like the NL to win but then the Rays seem like an appealing story and the Dodgers or Phillies winning is not really appealing to me for some reason. I'd probably go something like (but my 4-6 are pretty close to a toss-up):

1. Brewers

2. Cubs

3. Rays

4. White Sox

5. Phillies

6. Dodgers

7. Angels

8. Red Sox

I was so happy to see Naivin's and Jeffryscott's post and see that they were not banned from the site because of it.

This would pretty much be my order

1. Brewers

2. Cubs

3. Phillies

4. Dodgers

5. Angels

6. Red Sox

7. Tampa Bay - low because of the lack of fan support

8. White Sox - although I really like watching the young 2nd baseman play.

The Cubs have always been my second favorite team. My dad was born in 1933. He's been a Cubs fan since he can remember. He's not getting any younger and time is running out for him to see the Cubs finally reach the promise land. I remember so many summer days sitting with my Dad on the back porch listening to the Cubs on the radio and then, once we got cable (when I was in High School), they were always on out TV. The Brewers were in the AL and I had no reason to hate the Cubs. All my friends also liked the Cubs and I remember sitting in a bar when I was in college and rooting for them in the '84 playoffs. The Brewers have been in the NL for hardly 10 years. Obnoxious fans or not, it's hard for me to turn against a team that I enjoyed so much as kid.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I find my rankings line up closely with those of Brian the Automator, except I'd swap Phillies and Dodgers (mainly for G-Whiff). Hence...

Brewers, Rays, Angels, Phillies, Dodgers,White Sox, Red Sox,Cubs.

I've got a high school buddy who follows the Angels; I'd be pleased for him if they won. But there's a mighty dropoff in my interest after the Rays.

A Cubs-Red Sox series is one I probably wouldn't even watch.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived