Brewer Fanatic

Who are you pulling for besides the Brewers

naivin

Obviously we wall want to see the brewers win the WS, but assuming that doesn't happen, or even just in advance of that happening, who are you pulling for in teh other series.

As difficult as it is for me to believe I feel this way, for personal reasons, I am pulling for the Cubs, so my hope is that both the Brewers and Cubs advance. Not only does it guaranty one of my top 2 in the WS, but if the Brewers are going to lose before getting there, I want it to be to the best team in the NL, and the Cubs are certainly that. Likewise if they do manage a couple series wins, I don't want to hear anyone complaining that they got lucky (even though at the end of the day I'd be perfectly fine with them getting lucky).

In the AL, although I think the Angels are perhaps the best team of them all, and I really like Ozzie Guillen, I think the Rays are a great story, so I'd love to see them get there. So in order of preference...

1. Brewers
2. Cubs
3. Rays
4. Angels
5. White Sox
6. Phillies
7. Dodgers
8. Red Sox

I can't possibly bring myself to cheer for the Cubs against anyone in the playoffs. One, I don't really want to play them because as you've stated, they probably are the best NL team and have the best chance of knocking us out. Two, because I hate them.

So for me:

1. Brewers

2. Dodgers

3-4. Cubs/Phillies - and the Phillies if they play the Cubs

In the AL, I don't really care all that much. I'm cheering against the Red Sox because I'm sick of them and because they're really no better than the Yankees in regards to power and payroll. I'd like to see Griffey get a ring, but I hate the White Sox too...so I guess:

1. Angels

2. Rays

3. White Sox

4. Red Sox

For the WS, assuming it's not the Brewers, I'll take anyone but the Cubs. I can't even fathom going to Brewer/Cubs games next year if they either knock us out of the playoffs or win the WS.

1. Brewers

2. Rays - love young teams like this.

3. Dodgers

4. Phillies

5. Angels

6. Red Sox - boring since they have been in it so much lately

7. Cubs - Soriano and Soto drive me nuts and Zambrano is my least favorite pitcher in baseball. Rest of the team doesn't bother me.

30. White Sox - My least favorite team in baseball.

Obviously the Brewers are number one for me. I really like the Phillies too so if the Brewers cant win it I want it to be them. Then I would go Dodgers, Rays, Red Sox, Angels, White Sox, followed by a players strike canceling the playoffs then, then lastly the Cubs.

Even though I would take flack for it on here I am a Brewers fan first and a Red Sox fan second so a Brewers Red Sox WS would be pretty sweet. I do like the Rays though. The Angels are very good but I just don't like California teams for whatever reason. I just can never root for the Cubs. I want to see them crushed murdered and maimed in the first round. So for me it is

Brewers

Red Sox

Rays

White Sox

Angels

Dodgers

Phillies

Cubs

1. BREWERS - Duh.

2. Twins... oh shoot! White Sox - But only for Griffey (plus a Crew/WSox series... oh man)

3. Rays - Just to upset the media giants

4. Angels - I dig Vlad

5. Dodgers - Torres leaves the Yanks, Yanks don't make the playoffs, Dodgers do... Sweet...

6. Red Sox - Eh... getting sick of 'em

7. Phillies - Sorry Jenks, I'm soar about that 4 game sweep

8. Cubs - Please no.

1. Brewers - Please.

2. Phillies - I'll probably hate them if they beat us...but right now I have no animosity. Although the Phillie Phanatic sat on my lap at an Angel game once...he stunk and it really pissed me off.

3. Cubs - I seriously thought they'd be last because I can't stand their over rated fan base...but what the heck, just get it over with.

4. Angels - I like the team and I actually like their mellow fans. They've already won one, so they drop.

5. Rays - The Rays are a great story and a great young fun team, but much like the Marlins...why waste a WS on fans that don't care?

6. Dodgers - Wow, now that you have a "star" in Manny you are paying attention...LAME!!! When you traded the Italian-American Superstar you lost me. Just look at the traffic jam outside the stadium when Gibson hit his homer...LAME!!! (Obviously I have some issues here living in LA)

7. Sox - Red - Enough already.

8. Sox - White - I put them here for the safety of the people of the south side of Chicago.

Despite putting the Cubs third, I would take pleasure in them losing...not just in losing, but doing it in an excrutiating fashion where it has a name attached to it...like "The Bartman" or "The Goat"...something Brant Brown-esque.

Even though I would take flack for it on here I am a Brewers fan first and a Red Sox fan second so a Brewers Red Sox WS would be pretty sweet. I do like the Rays though. The Angels are very good but I just don't like California teams for whatever reason. I just can never root for the Cubs. I want to see them crushed murdered and maimed in the first round. So for me it is

Brewers

Red Sox

Rays

White Sox

Angels

Dodgers

Phillies

Cubs

Don't sweat it. Even though I love the Brewers, have been a season ticket holder and everything, the first baseball team I truly watched was the '86 Red Sox and I have been a Sox fan ever since. I consider the Brewers my NL team I suppose. Although I have said if the Brewers and Red Sox made the World Series I would probably want the Brewers to win just because the likelyhood of them doing this as often as Boston can with its' payroll capabilities are much slimmer.

Here's my list (this is supposed to be teams other than the Brewers):

1. Red Sox

2. Rays

3. Dodgers (a number of former Sox I still like)

4. Phillies

5. Angels

6. White Sox

7. Cubs.... I hope they get swept first round. I hate their fans almost as much as Yankees fans.

Rp

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brewers White Sox would be doubly crushing to the Cubs. That's what I'm rooting for.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

While I will have a hard time watching them if they beat us, I think I'll root for the Phillies to win it all if we don't. I would love to see Geoff Jenkins get a ring (and, for the most part, I like their other players).

I'd be cool with the Rays winning, too.

In reality, all of the other teams besides the Brewers can rot for all I care.

If not the Brewers, then the Dodgers (good to see Torre happy and away from the evil empire) for me in the NL. The Rays followed closely by the White Sox in the AL. A Brewers v. Rays/White Sox World Series would be ideal for me.

I want to be the ones to take the cubs out. It would be convenient for me to drive to LA but I think it would be nice to go to a game 7 with the cubs and beat them in a heart breaker! How much more intense would the games against the cubs be from now on then? In the AL I'm rooting for the Rays

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I live north of LaCrosse so I was routing for a Brewers/Twins WS, but oh well. Now I root for the Rays. If the Brewers don't make it, I hope Philly does. Being from WI, I prefer the "smaller" market teams (Philedelphia being smaller than Chicago and LA).

1. Brewers

2. White Sox - I like American League baseball better, even though I know it's not as pure. When the Brewers moved, they became my AL team (I grew up on the border). Plus, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

3. Dodgers - I'd love Torre to stick to the Yankees

4. Phillies - I have lots of Philly fan friends for some reason, so for my friends' sakes...

5. I want all the remaining teams to lose big. I can't cheer for another expansion team to win it before the Crew, Anaheim is L.A. without the Torre factor, enough with the Red Sox already, and I want the century of suffering to end in more suffering for the Cubs.

You may run like Mays...

1. Brewers - duh

2. White Sox - Because it would anger Cubs Fans

3. Angels - Like this team a lot

4. Rays - Like the team, but fans are weak

5. Phillies - Lots of players here that I can pull for.

6. Dodgers - Meh

7. Red Sox - I like the Red Sox, but have had enough of their fans

8. Cubs - My most hated franchise in all of sports, I'd rather see anyone. As someone mentioned above, the thought of the White Sox sweeping the Cubs is pretty appealing...

I grew up in Sarasota as a Brewers fan and attended many a (Devil) Rays' game (I must admit I even own an Aki Iwamura t-shirt and a cap or two) so the Rays are definitely my number two.

I've decided I won't be upset if the Cubs win it all--I think this is the year they do it and I've got way too many Cubs fan friends to be totally disgusted although I think I will always resent much of their smug fanbase and self-congratulatory culture and cocky players and Ron Santo and Len Casper and Wrigley Field troughs and oh what am I saying--anyone but the Cubs, please.

Red Sox are a close #7.

3. White Sox

4. Dodgers

5. Angels

6. Phillies

1. Brewers

2. Rays

3. Dodgers

4. Phillies (Philadelphia hasn't won a title since the Sixers in 1983!)

5. Angels

6. White Sox

7. Red Sox

8. Cubs (A WS game at Wrigley would be sight, though)

I'd enjoy watching the Cubs lose a World Series clincher at Wrigley Field.

Archived