Cubs over Dodgers

Phillies over Brewers

ALCS

Red Sox over Rays

NLCS

Phillies over Cubs

World Series

Phillies over Red Sox

Postseason baseball, like the entire season, all comes down to who's hot. The Phillies are hot, unfortunately. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

I am not Shea Vucinich

LDS

Red Sox over Angels (3-1)

Rays over White Sox (3-0)

Cubs over Dodgers (3-2)

Brewers over Phillies (3-1)

LCS

Cubs over Brewers (4-2)

Rays over Red Sox (4-3)

WS

Rays over Cubs (4-1)

-Gallardo and Sabathia turn in two incredible pitching performances in games 1 and 2, and the fans are downright giddy as the Brewers return to Miller Park with a 2-0 series lead. Suppan and Gagne are the goats in a game 3 Phillies blowout. Dave Bush and Seth McClung combine to give up four HRs in game 4, but Rickie Weeks hits a pivotal grand slam in the bottom of the 8th to lead the Brewers to a gut-wrenching series clincher late Sunday night.

-Cubs sweat out their series against the Dodgers, but destroy the Dodgers in Game 5.

-Home teams win every game of the ALCS.

-Fittingly, the Brewers lose Game 6 of the NLCS on a walk-off homer.

-Rays find comfort at the Trop, and take the Cubs pitching staff deep all series long.

ALDS

Red Sox overAngels

Tampa Bay over White Sox

NLDS

Dodgers over Cubs

Phillies over Brewers

ALCS

Red Sox over Tampa Bay

NLCS

Phillies over Dodgers

World Series

Red Sox over Phillies

Well my picks are doing pretty good so far.

On pace to be 4 for 4!

Didn't see an non-Brewer IGT for today and didn't want to start one just for this. So, thought I would stick this year. Not sure if anyone is watching the Red Sox/Angels game. However, in the top of the 8th, there was a signal cross up between Veritek and Masterson. Veritek apparently called for a slider and Masterson threw a fastball. The ball screamed by Veritek and ended at the backstop. It was, correctly in my opinion, called a passed ball. The ball was definitely catch-able if not for the crossed signals.

However, the announcers (Buck Martinez and Chip Carey?) seemed to be confused as to why it was called a passed ball and stated that they were going to score it as a wild pitch in there score book. Anyone see this? I don't know why it would be a wild pitch. The official scorer can't make any assumptions regarding what pitch was called or what pitch should have been thrown. If it's a catch-able pitch and the catcher does not catch it...then it's a passed ball..right?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

With Round 1 complete, here are your leaders with 4 of 5 games correct:

Ennder, missed Red Sox

brewerguy71, missed Dodgers

Gobias Industries, missed Phillies

ELCABALLO45, only member to get all 4 first round matchups correct, but did not predict the AL playoff

BF.net collective intelligence is horrible. The most popular selections for each round were:

Twins over White Sox (WRONG)

Angels over Red Sox (WRONG)

Rays over White Sox

Cubs over Dodgers (WRONG)

Brewers over Phillies (WRONG)

Most popular ALCS and NLCS predicted winners:

Angels and Cubs, both eliminated in round 1.

Archived