Brewer Fanatic

Watch the game at work vs. Wait until you get home

pitchleague
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edit: For those who don't have it I can't stress this enough, TiVo, I love it. No more sitting at a family gathering thinking, "I have to get home in 20 minutes or I will miss the start of the game."
However, you don't have to tell the family you have the TiVo set. Use the actual start time to leave the gathering, and the TiVo just as a back-up in case the traffic getting home is bad http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Our department decided to use flex time, bug out early today and go to the nearest sports bar for the game... what better team building activity!

TSack27 wrote:

However, you don't have to tell the family you have the TiVo set. Use the actual start time to leave the gathering, and the TiVo just as a back-up in case the traffic getting home is bad http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

You just don't tell the family so they think you are a great son for missing the game to spend time with them.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I work from home - unfortunately I have a stupid conference call from 2 - 3. I am DVRing the game so I may rewind and watch from the beginning after the call.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

well, day one was a success for this thread. I turned off the classroom computer at noon (just prior to first pitch) and stayed away from caring all afternoon. But as soon as my after-school group was over, the wife and I bolted home to watch the game. Tivo is a glorious thing. Took us less than 2 hours to watch the whole thing.

Same thing is planned for tomorrow. Except for the result of the game, of course.

Oh, and I almost lost it (became verklempt) while talking about waiting 26 years for today at the morning staff meeting and letting them know we didn't want to know the score or anything. I'm still kind of amazed that something as "petty" as the Brewers making the playoffs can make me almost bust out in tears in public.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Day one went well for me as well. I basically ignored the cell phone and radio on the way home from work and was able to watch the game on DVR without breaking down and looking up the score first. I was very tempted to at least look at the box score around the 6th or so when we still didn't have any hits yet. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well, I plan on leaving work right at 5, getting home and being caught up to live action by about the 4th inning. Hopefully watching it live at the end of the game means there will be a different final outcome!!!
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived