Brewer Fanatic

Watch the game at work vs. Wait until you get home

pitchleague

So, I see there are threads about Milwaukee and Madison folks getting together to watch the games.

Just thought I'd ask for a little advice and get a collective feel about what others are doing on Wednesday and Thursday.

If you are at work, are you going to try to watch the game/listen to the game while at work? Are you also DVRing the game to watch it later? I am in that dilemma. The game on Wed. starts around noon, local time, and I won't be getting home until 5 pm or so. I can't decide whether or not to turn on the tube in my classroom (I'm a teacher) and "watch" while I'm teaching or try to shelter myself as best as possible from the score until I get home. It's going to be tough either way.

A big part of me wants to just take two half-days from school, but that's really not fair to my students or my after-school choir group that just happens to meet on Wed. and Thur. every week.

What about others in this situation? Will you wait to actually be able to SEE and intently WATCH the first playoff game in 26 years until you get home? Or will it drive you nuts that you must find out NOW, even though your work productivity suffers greatly? It will be very difficult for me to teach and watch so I'm leaning toward trying to wait until I get home, but, jeez, I don't want to miss it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really have the option to watch it during the day Wednesday so I am going to try my hardest to DVR it and totally tune out all info about the game until I get home but it is going to be near impossible. I usually only listen to local AM radio, so it will have to be a quiet ride home. I upped my text message package during the last week of games because of the shear number of messages I was getting and responding to, so I will have to turn my phone off. I'm afraid I will do perfectly fine until walking out of the mall at 5 and having to overhear someone shout out the score or at least if we won or lost.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

IF I stay at work on Wednesday afternoon, but have blocked off my outlook calendar so nobody tries to set up a meeting for me during that time period. Or I may just go in at 6am, work through lunch and be in front of a TV by 2:05.

I'll be taking tomorrow afternoon off, along with a couple of other people in my office to watch it at home. Thursday, I'll sneak out a little early.

My biggest dilemma is my son. This is his first year of tackle football and I let him skip practice yesterday to go to the Brewer rally and I'm torn about Thursday. Both his practice and the game start at 5. Who knows when this will happen again.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I will DVR the games but since I work 2nd shift I will try to watch at work or at least listen. I don't think I would be able to wait until 10:00 to find out how they did. Plus I work with a Cub fan and I am sure that he will let me know the result if they lose anyway.

my work is slow as can be (thank you credit crunch!) so i'll be taking a half day tomorrow and taking off early on thursday. i'm sure a lot of people will be useless down here all week because of the Cubs/Sox anyways, so i won't be in the minority in that sense.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I told my boss I would be useless at work
I'm feeling useless at work already, but I'm still going to try for at least partial days this week.

Then I have the following two weeks off (which I scheduled before the Brewers clinched. Wow, I'm still wrapping my mind around phrases such as 'before the Brewers clinched').

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Game is on at noon out here...I can't leave until 1...I'll DVR it and zip through the commercials and hopefully catch up by the end. Not ideal, but it's the best I can do. My daughter's scocer practice is on Thursday...same thing so it's DVR time. The biggest bummer is having to avoid the brewerfan IGT since I'm delayed.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I can't decide whether or not to turn on the tube in my classroom (I'm a teacher) and "watch" while I'm teaching or try to shelter myself as best as possible from the score until I get home. It's going to be tough either way.
What do you teach? Maybe you can make the game a "lab" session.

Psychology? What effect did that high and tight fastball have on the hitter?

Physical Therapy? See how a 22 year old can recover from a serious knee injury faster than older athletes

Business? See how someone with resources ($$) taking chances (CC trade) can succeed, where someone who doesn't take chances will never succeed.

Language? See how players from multiple nations can all cuss out the umpire!

Archived