Brewer Fanatic

5/3/06 Giants (Schmidt) @ Brewers (Bush), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, keep Brady in there. I really like having Gross's bat coming off the bench, he seems to be most valuable there. Mark my word, Brady Clark will be 2005 Brady Clark before you know it. Plus, Clark is still doing a heck of a job in centerfield defensively.

Sit down Bonds.

Quote:
Be a man who cares what you said if people are that sensitive to comments they should not be in the chat rooms. Who cares if someone rips you welcome to free speech. If you want to make fun of someone make fun of me because I dont care (EDIT)

Oh come on now. 1) The rules of the board are to be respectful. 2) I don't care where you are you don't talk down to people, its unethical. 3) This is the attitude that needs to be removed well before negativity.

Being a man means acting like one, and not being immature.

EDIT: To remove inappropriate part of the quote- PF

a good baseball game.. nothing you can do when Schmidt is pitching to his ability.

Thank you to Dave Bush for pitching a great game as well.

way to fight back at the end, great slide by Jenkins to keep it alive.

get the split tomorrow, then on to LA.. i'll be there friday and saturday, thank god.. finally some live brewer baseball for me.

This is one where you just gotta tip your cap, sit down and let that sinking feeling in your stomach go away because this happens. A guy like Schmidt or Maddux (last week) can be on his A+ game and you can't do anything about it. Tonight the way he pitched the 9th showed his saavy nature by throwing all of those changeups to Jenks and Prince. I just hope Davis doesn't make tomorrow a walk-a-thon.

Community Moderator

There wasn't much you could do tonight. It was a pitcher's duel and it came down to who made the one mistake. Unfortunately, it was Bush.

Otherwise, Bush was ON

So was Schmidt. I haven't seen Schmidt like that since his Cy Young year in 04 (he won, didn't he?)

We'll just have to buckle down and go get 'em tomorrow. I'll check in during my lunch break.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I believe from the end of the 2nd inning to the 7th inning stretch, both pitchers pitched perfect baseball. No runners on at all.

That's 9 perfect innings of pitching right there. Luckily I had both Bush and Schmidt on my fantasy team tonight.

Did anyone else notice a different feeling from the Brewer fans at the game? It may have been because Barry was in town, or maybe something in the way Schmitt pitched, or maybe because it was such a tense game, but it seemed like every pop fly was cheered as if it were going to be a home run, remeniscent of Wrigly.

Archived