Stats:

Giants Hitters vs. Bush

Brewers Hitters vs. Schmidt

Giants Fan Site:

Giants Virtual Forum

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Making the drive up to Milwaukee for this game tonight! Hopefully the good dave bush will pitch. I was there last time he won against the reds in the laugher. Also lets hope he doesn't serve anything up to Bonds tonight. It will be interesting to see how hard he will be booed tonight. I know I'll be one of those guys. Imagine if he was getting close to Aaron instead of Ruth how crazy tonight would be, especially being in Milwaukee (or Atlanta too I s'pose).

The traveling circus comes to town. If ya wanna see the main act, you best show up tonight, Bonds won't play tomorrow since it's a day game.

I'm just glad it's not a debut pitcher we are facing. At least this way, we have a chance.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

#756 (if it ever happens) is a ball I'd hang onto so I can sell the thing. Even if I only got a grand for the thing, it's still a thousand bucks I didn't have. I couldn't care less about keeping Bonds' record HR ball. It means nothing to me.

Since Bonds apparently can't run the bases all that well, Ned should just walk him unless he has no other choice. At least in the past Bonds could still hurt you on the base paths, but now it's unlikely he'll score from 1st on even a double. It's possable he won't score from 2nd on a base hit, or at least you might have a play at the plate on him. It will be interesting to see how he plays defense also. With him playing deep I'm thinking there's alot of base hits to be had in short left.

I have a twenty pack of season tickets in the right field bleachers, and I have tickets to the last two home games of the season, against the Giants. If I catch #756 I'm selling it.

I hate Barroid Bonds, but I'm neither so proud nor so devoted to the sanctity of the game that I wouldn't stoop to making millions off of a man's ability to lie, cheat and dope to break the game's most famous record.

It really isn't going to matter. Bonds will not play in enough games or stay healthy enough this year to hit another 44 HR.

He's going to have to bring his gimpy butt back for one more year if he really wants Hank's record. Frankly, I hope he stays at home.

ESPN will only cut in to show Barry's at bats live, nothing else. There's a game going on in the AL East, so god forbid they spend any more time away from that than absolutely necessary.

If I caught number #714, I'd draw an asterisk on the ball in permanent marker then throw it back to the field.

Of course, that's what I'd like to think I'd do (I have a feeling that in reality I would sell it instead).

If Bonds hits 44 homers in two games in Milwaukee, I think I'll jump off the Hoan Bridge.

You do realize the question meant that -when- Bonds is approaching Aaron, correct? (not meaning today but in the future)

You do realize the question meant that -when- Bonds is approaching Aaron, correct?

Yes. I'm pretty sure Bonds won't get 22 PA per game in Milw. I apologize, I didn't mean to cause any problems. I'll delete the post.

They better not black it out... i need to watch this game at work...

As for walking bonds... if i have gathered ANYTHING from Dave Bush over the first month, it's that he does not seem like the type of guy who would give into Barry Bonds.

He'd hit him for no reason before he would walk him.

That said, we need to employ the Jason Bay approach from the first series of the year. Just nibble.. if he doesn't swing away, he can go to first and we will let pee-hands try to drive him in.

Yes. I'm pretty sure Bonds won't get 22 PA per game in Milw. I apologize, I didn't mean to cause any problems. I'll delete the post.

No reason to have deleted it. I was just messing around. On the other hand, I think he'd need all 44 PA in one game since he most likely won't play Thursday's day game. Although, Shawn Green did come close one time....

Community Moderator

Baseball Tonight said that they would be talking to David Bush on the show tonight. Or at least that's what they said last night.

I seriously doubt that Bush would do the phone-in thing on BBTN if he, God forbid, got shelled.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

In regards to catching number 756 (in reality I don't think he will do it), I think I would rather have 40,000 fans cheering for me as I threw the ball back on the field than have a signed bat by Bonds or whatever money he would give me. If it wasn't Milwaukee's own Hank Aaron who held the current record, I would probably keep the ball. Do you guys have a problem with me representing Milwaukee that way?

That said, we need to employ the Jason Bay approach from the first series of the year. Just nibble.. if he doesn't swing away, he can go to first and we will let pee-hands try to drive him in.

LOVE the pee-hands line...that's all I can think of whenever I see Alou....just gross stuff!

Archived