Brewer Fanatic

The "Reason we are in danger" thread...

liveforoctober

Opposite of the other one... if there is something that is going to do us in... what will it be?

1)Unhealthy Ben Sheets - can you imagine if we had a healthy Sheets, Sabathia, and Gallardo right now?

2)Torres - we kind of need a confident closer in the post-season, and Torres has been iffy.

3) Small-ball - Every run is important now... and we have proven many, many times that we are a home run hitting team (much like Philly), but execution of the small stuff wisn games now, and it HAS to happen.

Where are our flaws?

They did a study on playoff baseball and found that the importance of the HR goes up in a small run scoring environment and the effect of bunts etc mostly goes down. So I disagree with the small ball thing.

Sweet... way to be optimistic... lets run with this (and then complain about the small ball thing when/if they lose)

17th in the majors in scoring runs, and 25th in batting average.

Never compare the AL with the NL. There's no point with the DH. The Brewers are 7th in the NL in runs scored.

Which isn't that far from being 17th overall, really. Middle of the pack regardless and very average you could say. But yeah, comparing two leagues with different rules doesn't work, I agree.

The Phillies arent going to roll over like the Pirates and Cubs did.

I agree about the offense. They still arent hitting well at all, even in the last week against the Pirates and a lot of relief pitchers, the team was only able to score a run here or there.

As for Moyer not having any "stuff"...there is a reason he is still pitching at age 45. He knows how to pitch. He changes speeds, he locates his pitches, and when you are throwing change ups all day long at 78 mph, an 85 mph fastball looks just as fast as 98. Hes a good pitcher. The whole league has done poorly against him this year.

I think the brewers will suprise in the playoffs and wishing them the best of luck and all the fans of the Crew enjoy.

But i think Braun and fielder can carry this team in a 5 game series.

I like our top 2 starters aganist the Phils and we all know Lidge is bound to blow a save.

Ok 7th in NL in runs scored but it's been worse than that down the stretch. THAT is the reason we're in danger- simply being able to score enough runs to win 3 games. Our best chance to win is 2 lights out performances by CC (and I mean 1 run or less) and a win at home somehow.

It's no secret the Phillies will pitch around Braun and Fielder- moreso than usual. Sure, Hardy will concern them a little but then there is no fear at all 6-9. Especially late in games, I can see them putting Braun and Fielder on base and taking their chances.

Archived