Brewer Fanatic

5/4/06 Giants (Hennessey) @ Brewers (Davis) 12:05 PM CST

jloos19
Verified Member
Bob is now explaining it on the radio. The ball was on the infield grass, and while everyone was concerned about Greene, Koskie decided to come down the line. Niekro spotted him, yelled at Hennessey, who picked up the ball and tagged Koskie about 4 feet from home.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If MLB is blocked for you and ESPN's and Yahoo's aren't working, I'd try CBS.sportsline.com as a last resort, although I haven't been too impressed with that one in the past.

everybody talks about the pain of the double-a catcher in this photo . . .

http://images.chattanoogan.com/photo_images/photo_4633_large.jpg

who's number 24 for huntsville?

it doesn't look like he's in the arms of safety himself . . .

If MLB is blocked for you and ESPN's and Yahoo's aren't working, I'd try CBS.sportsline.com as a last resort, although I haven't been too impressed with that one in the past.

Thanks for the suggestion. I use to use that, but its really bad. ESPN is working now.

Just so everyone knows, Prince was out. Greene held onto the ball, but then once he realized he had no feeling in his entire body, he dropped the ball. However, he held on to it for a good 3 to 5 seconds. So we got a nice break there.

nice play by corey. it wasn't dumb of corey to try to score he noticed they were attending the catcher and not paying attention, jim just said he thought that corey was going to bowl over the pitcher and the pitcher would have landed on the injured catcher.

Bruce, I saw it, and it wasn't dirty. It was the correct play by Prince to try to score. I mean, if it happened against Milwaukee, I would have been infuriated, but in retrospect, I would have realized it was good play by the baserunner. It's a part of baseball, Giants fans.

I saw it...although MLB.TV is very dark so I didn't see it that well. It didn't look like he went out of his way...they way I saw it Greene was standing about 3 feet up the third base line with the ball waiting for Prince, and Prince ran him over. One of Princes forearm might have hit Greene, but it din't look intentional to me...I guess we will all see when it is showed again on SportsCenter

Jim Miller's take on Giants' TV was that it was a shot to the head so the Giants were upset about that. On the drop, he says the rule is that you have to take it out with your bare hand, so when it dropped out of the glove it was a drop no matter how long it was in there. I haven't checked the rules to see if he's right on that.

Jon Miller just told a really cool story on MLB.TV about Hank Aaron's last ball, and I feel like I should share it.

Hank Aaron hit his last home run at County Stadium, a long shot to left. There was no one there, so when it landed, a groundskeeper ran up and got the ball. Since it was Aaron's 755th, it was important to Hank to have. However, the groundskeeper required that he met Hank Aaron, then he would give the ball back. The next day, the Brewers fired this groundskeeper because he refused to give the ball back, and since he worked for the team, he should have done it willingly.

Hank called the groundskeeper multiple times, trying to get the ball back (now Hank was done with his career and knew that this was actually his final home run). A couple years later, Hank was holding an autograph session for 20 bucks a pop. He signed many balls that day, but one was special. The groundskeeper had come to this session, bringing the #755 ball with him. So Hank unknowingly held his #755 ball, signed it, and gave it back to the ex-groundskeeper.

Later once again, the groundskeeper put the ball up for sale, and it sold for $650,000. However, he gave $150,000 of the earnings to Hank Aaron's charity, so all was not lost. Hank is still kind of perturbed, because he wanted to put that ball in the Hall of Fame.

Archived