Brewer Fanatic

5/4/06 Giants (Hennessey) @ Brewers (Davis) 12:05 PM CST

jloos19
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had breathing room today but wouldn't you say Turnbow is becoming one of the most dominant closers in baseball? I do believe that is 10 for 10 on the season so far. Last year was no fluke, folks.

Quote:
Way too many pitches at this point. Against this lineup there is very little reason to walk guys and get behind. Eveland is looking better and better. Maybe Davis should go to long man if he can't turn it around.

A lot of pitchers look bad early in the season every year. Its way too early for talk like this. Do you think the Astros are gonna move Pettitte to the bullpen because he's struggling? Do you think the Twins should have moved Santana to the bullpen last May? You just cannot bench a proven starter over a small sample size and you need at least a good 10 starts to have a decent sample.

Verified Member
Quote:
can someone explain how they get more at an afternoon game than a night game??

Historically the Brewers have drawn really nice crowds on Thursday afternoons in May. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a lot of area schools take field trips to games in May. Could anyone that went to the game confirm if there were thousands of grade schoolers running around?

Could anyone that went to the game confirm if there were thousands of grade schoolers running around?

Jim Powell commented during the game that weren't many kids in the crowd today, other than ones that are too young to be in school.

Verified Member
Quote:
I believe a lot of area schools take field trips to games in May.

this is true, but i think many schools use it as an end of the year reward. i always remember games like that, though

If it's not the kids, it's the senior citizens turning out for the discount days. Features Brewers Bingo, don't you know.

We are going on the 18th and if the park wasn't crawling with youngsters today, it surely will be by then.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Evidently you never saw Lee May play for the Orioles back in the 70's

I have vague memories of him. I am my mid 30's. Benji and Storm'n Gorman has some great streaks in their day.

Archived