Brewer Fanatic

5/4/06 Giants (Hennessey) @ Brewers (Davis) 12:05 PM CST

jloos19

You might want to check your sarcasm meter. I think it's broken.

What this board needs is a sarcasm emoticon.

Thanks for the extra runs, Geoff. I wish it were the 8th, but I'll take it for now.

C'mon, bullpen. I want a W for Sharpie here.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I accept full credit for Jenkins' home run, with my "this game feeds the perception" comment.

Thanks for making me look like an idiot, Geoff :-)

(for the record, I'm not a Jenkins hater....and I don't drink from the Carlos Lee RBI-flavored koolaid either)

Quote:
I seen him look bad last night in his last at bat swing at one in the dirt

If I remember right, he got a hit in his last at-bat last night. I gave Lee and Prince a chance and they didn't get it done, but Jenkins last at-bat was a thing of beauty. He swung for the fences to try to tie the game until he got 2 strikes on him, then he fouled a couple off and then just put the ball in play to give the team another baserunner.

Quote:
Sometimes when I read posts I wonder if people watch any other baseball games besides the brewers. There are other teams with many more problems than the brewers. Having JDLR and Cappy giving up runs from time to time is nothing. Somes teams cant get through innings without runs EVER. Its just part of the game and getting key outs is what determines alot of games. Fans simply react to every situation without comparing other teams. I think we are in pretty good shape and Jorge and Cappy are not going anywhere.

I don't know, not a lot of teams have too much patience with a pitcher whose ERA is 10.80. While you may be right that other teams may have a guy with those kind of numbers, the ones usually competing for the playoffs typically don't.

Verified Member
Quote:
Like last night. He went 3-4 in a game we got shut out. Totally meaningless.

and this is his fault?? you say it like he purposely plays well when it doesnt matter.

his double last night led off the inning...he also had a base hit with a runner on in the 9th

You might want to check your sarcasm meter. I think it's broken.

I think this is a legitimate issue. DD has been behind hitters all year and it shows. Yes, today his results were good but he's facing a depleted Giants lineup. I guess if you just label someone you don't have to deal with issue involved which is easier.

Quote:

Like last night. He went 3-4 in a game we got shut out. Totally meaningless.

Maybe my sarcast-o-meter is off too, but I think you're serious. Why is your name Jenks Fan? And we were down by two runs the whole game... how is three hits not valuable? In the ninth, he got a huge hit to put two runners on for Lee and Prince. Give me a break.

Quote:
Somes teams cant get through innings without runs EVER.

I'd have to say that's a bit of an exaggeration....if you expect a reliever to come in, pitch one inning, and give up runs more than half the time, you should probably look at replacing him.

I do agree that Cappy 2 will be fine though, at least for now. I wasn't very impressed with his first couple of outings but he seems to have mostly pulled it together. I still wonder where this overpowering stuff that he supposedly has is, though.

JDLR is another story. He's going to be on thin ice soon if he doesn't get it together. The shame of that would be, he clearly has the stuff...I'd hate to see him put it together somewhere else, like many have said.

If I remember right, he got a hit in his last at-bat last night

You are right it was the time before. I turned off the game last night early in frustration. Thanks for correcting my bad call.

The team could not hit Schmidt last night

It is interesting to note how Jenkins does look bad in certain at bats and that seems to stick in people's minds.

Take last nights game.

Rather than remembering the 1-2 pitch he lined to left center in his 1st AB, the shot off the wall in deep center in his 3rd AB, and the two strike battle to guide a single up the middle in the 9th, people choose to remember the flailing strikeout.

I guess he'll never get the credit he deserves from some people, but oh well. I appreciate you Geoff.

Nice job by Wise to recover from that leadoff double.

Sorry everybody. I will be more blatant in my sarcasm next timehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Way too many pitches at this point. Against this lineup there is very little reason to walk guys and get behind. Eveland is looking better and better. Maybe Davis should go to long man if he can't turn it around.

WV Brew, do you really think the # 2 or 3 pitcher in the rotation should go to the bullpen because he walked some batters? He went 6 and gave up zero runs.

I hate Jenks because he maybe the most streakiest player I can ever remeber. He is either really hot or ice cold.

If we did not have Wise I wonder sometimes what I pen would look like. Another find for the team.

I hate Jenks because he maybe the most streakiest player I can ever remeber. He is either really hot or ice cold.

If we did not have Wise I wonder sometimes what I pen would look like. Another find for the team.

I think part of the problem with Geoff is when he does get out, he looks incredibly awful doing it. The guy doesn't seem to have a clue at the plate. But then he goes and hits a bomb the next time up. His style of offense is not easy on the eyes.

Archived