Brewer Fanatic

5/4/06 Giants (Hennessey) @ Brewers (Davis) 12:05 PM CST

jloos19
I am making this quick before my class at 10, so you guys can add pictures of the pitchers, splits, etc. Anyway, Brad "I hit a 3 run homer last year off Vampire" Hennessey faces Doug "I can't stop walking people" Davis in a rare noon battle at Miller Park. Davis is coming off of his best start of the year, giving up only 2 runs in 6 1/3 IP. Hennessey (2-0, 2.79) is coming off a 2 run, 6 inning performance against Arizona in which he got a no decision. Hopefully, we can get the win today. Go Crew!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Hennessey has owned the Brewers in 2 career starts, both at Miller Park. Besides the 3-run jack, he has pitched 14 scoreless innings, allowing 5 hits, 4 walks, and striking out 11. Brady Clark has 2 of the hits off Hennessey, Hardy is the only other current Brewer to hit him.

Verified Member

7/28/05- Hennessey pitches 7 shutout innings and provides all of the offense in a 3-0 win. The Brewers did miss out on a couple opportunities to score. Branyan doubled leading off the 3rd, but was cut down on a Santos bunt attempt before Clark singled. In the 5th, Hall walked and Hardy singled, but Clark's long line drive curved just south of the foul pole before he grounded out to end the inning. Santos' one mistake came after a wild pitch and an intentional walk put 2 runners on. He only allowed 3 hits in 6 innings as the tough-luck loser, though it dropped his record to 3-11. It was the Brewers' 2nd straight 3-0 loss, having dropped a game to Claudio Vargas and Arizona the night before. The Brewers' record dropped to 50-53.

9/16/04- Hennessey finishes a 3-game sweep by the Giants, allowing only 2 hits in 7 innings, although the Brewers did have runners in scoring position in the 1st (Podsednik walk and stolen base with none out) and 4th (Clark single and Branyan walk with 2 out). Santos was again the losing pitcher, giving up HRs to Grissom and Feliz, and all 4 Giant runs in the first 3 innings. He was replaced in the 5th by Wise, who pitched 3 scoreless innings. Bonds was kept at 699 career HRs but went 3 for 3 with a walk and an RBI double. Santos drops to 10-11 and the Brewers' record falls to 62-82.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
any announcements on who the starter for Saturday will be?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived