Brewer Fanatic

Game 3 Parking

AZBrewCrew
Well I hope their are still passes available tommorrow morning because that is when I am hoping to get mine. Everyone at the ticket office really needs to get on the same page, they need to issue a press release or something because I am freaking out. I want to tailgate darn it.

Just call the ticket office and buy one over the phone?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless parking passes are printable online, I wouldn't bet on having one mailed in time.

My guess is that the conflicting information means that the team will sell parking passes on game day if there are spots to be had, but that one shouldn't bet on it.

I wonder if those who depend on handicapped parking need to make any special plans.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

1992casey wrote:

My guess is that the conflicting information means that the team will sell parking passes on game day if there are spots to be had, but that one shouldn't bet on it.

this sounds right. they said the same thing about opening day as well. they expect parking to sell out before saturday, but will sell it if available.

as a side note, i wouldnt count on anything this weekend.

Curious, this is the second year I ordered the post-season package (and only the second year I had a 20-pack) and I got parking passes with my ticket sheet. I don't recall asking for them, they just came with the post-season ticket plan. I didn't order preferred parking with the 20-pack; I don't even have a car, so unless I go with someone who wants to tail gate I won't need them. I guess I'll ebay them. Maybe one year of seniority got me on the list...

There is no way they'll be selling Preferred parking the day of. They already warn that a lot of Preferred will be eaten by MLB, and they removed Gold parking already. But the kicker is, they've been having you show a parking pass to get into the Preferred lot already for some time, so I don't see that changing in the playoffs in any way.
I parked in preferred parking for every game I went to this year (30-35), I never had a pass, I always paid cash. Unless they just did that for Cubs games, I didn't go to any of those.

But it's a moot point since you are correct, for the playoffs you won't get preferred parking the day of the game.

I never had a pass, I always paid cash. Unless they just did that for Cubs games, I didn't go to any of those.
i think they ask for the pass when preferred is sold out ahead of time...opening day and the cubs games mainly i think. we tried preferred for the day game in july and were turned away. the entire lot near the sausage haus was full of buses...the entire lot!!

I had a 20 pack, and I've had to show my parking pass for awhile now. I guess I can't say when it started exactly, but it has been for a bit now. I'd say they do it only on key games, but I know they were doing it Tuesday night, and there was only like 30,000 in the park that night.

I come in off 94 West, on the Mitchell exit. When you turn left there at the stop sign, there has been a guy standing there with a sign "Show your pass". I flash it to him, and there's virtually no line to enter the park then, because they're not taking case drive ups. And I see them make people turn around or get back on the freeway.

They used to do this last year when the preferred lot got to close to full, but even then they weren't great at it, and I'd end up having to park in some weird spot because they oversold if I came too late. Sunday I was in the lot almost 2 hours before game time, and they were doing it.

Just a couple of thing that may or may not have been covered but....

~Yes, preferred parking is gone. General parking is expected to be completely sold by game day as well - so don't anticipate getting lucky.

~Most people just toss the parking pass onto the dash board and go inside for the game. Remember that for the post season you will need to have your parking pass hanging from the mirror or otherwise prominently displayed in your windshield with the number and "Home game 1" facing out.

~The bottom portion of your stub will act as a ticket and the gate attendant will rip the bottom portion.

~Preferred parking pass holder should enter at Mitchell Blvd, or 44th street. If you try to enter the lot without a preferred parking pass you will be turned around and sent back.

Good luck to everyone going to the game. Here's to a smooth day!

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I just got a parking pass at MP this afternoon, and I believe I got the whole story from what seemed to be a reliable source (at the brewer's ticket office). It sounds like they anticipate that they'll sell out of parking passes, in which case, you wouldn't be able to pay for parking at the gate on gameday. However, if the parking passes don't sell out, they'll let you pay at the gate... its not like they'll refuse your money if they have an empty space.

So if the question is "Can I pay for parking at the gate on gameday?".... at this point, with parking passes still not sold out, the answer you should get is "Maybe, but probably not"

When will the gates be opened? Same as a regular season game?

I don't know yet. Tried calling but didn't get an answer. Am I correct that if it is the same, we won't be able to get in until 130?

Formerly Andersoc420

Andersoc420--If the lots don't open until 3 hours prior to the game, that would be 2:30 not 1:30.

I don't know the answer to that though, I guess I just assumed they would stick with the 3 hour rule.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

When I called, I was told that the only way to get a pass was to buy it at the Miller Park ticket windows. I asked about ordering over the phone and was told that was not an option. It was $20 and only general parking is available.

This is the exact story I heard. I ended up having having someone pick one up and they are sending it to me via 2-day mail.

I remember for Opening Day that they said that you should pre-buy parking passes or you may not get into the lot. The thing is that they still sold parking at the stadium and that some people who pre-bought parking still couldn't park in the lots since they got their late (which was stupid on their parts) and that they sold the parking out to people paying at the lots. I wonder if this weekend will be the same situation.

Also, I asked and they said the lots are only opening 3 hours before game time. I think this is very stupid to not have an extended amount of time for the amount of people that will be in the lots.

So, what are they going to do when there's 200 cars in line and one guy pulls up without a pass?

You know its going to happen. Constantly.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Andersoc420--If the lots don't open until 3 hours prior to the game, that would be 2:30 not 1:30.

I don't know the answer to that though, I guess I just assumed they would stick with the 3 hour rule.

Good math....

Formerly Andersoc420

I just stopped off at MP this morning so I could a get a parking pass after picking up my tickets in Franklin I was there around 10AM. I was able to get a General Pass for Saturday at $20 and the ticket guy told me they would open the lots 4 Hours before game time.

As stated before I wish a ll the ticket reps were on the same page about the times. They were unorganized for the Arctic Tailgate as well.

So, what are they going to do when there's 200 cars in line and one guy pulls up without a pass?

You know its going to happen. Constantly.

they will send the guy straight through instead of letting them in the lots. i have seen it happen before when people try to get into preferred without a pass.

as for parking, they will open whenever their staff is in place. sometimes this is right on time, sometimes this has been up to an hour early. i have seen both situations.

yeah, if the parking attendants are ready they aren't just going to sit there with a line of cars on Bluemound Road. On Opening Day I got into the lots at about 9:45 when the gates weren't supposed to open until 10 and I was in about the 8th row back in the Giants Lot. That said, if the lots are supposed to open 4 hours early instead of the normal 3, I wouldn't bet on them letting you in too much earlier than this.

Patrick - I believe the gates will open 2 hours before game time, so 3:30. I haven't checked on this but they opened up the gates early for all the Cubs games, so I would assume that for this game they would open 2 hours early as well.

Archived