Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator
I think Yo is going to get hammered in one inning before tearing the ACL on his other leg. The bullpen will then melt down, forcing Counsell to pitch in order to save the arms. Meanwhile, the Brewers offense will be one-hit.
Nice outlook. Was that supposed to be in blue?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burrell could be scratched

By Tom Haudricourt

Wednesday, Oct 1 2008, 10:46 AM

Philadelphia - Phillies leftfielder Pat Burrell was scheduled to appear in the interview room before Game 1 of the NLDS today but we just received notice that the team trainer is coming instead.

Burrell suffered lower back stiffness during batting practice yesterday and left the field. He obviously is staying in the clubhouse for treatment rather than coming to the interview room. The Phillies also have not posted their lineup, so they're probably waiting on Burrell's status.

If Burrell can't play, it would take a big bat out of the Phillies' lineup. He hit 33 home runs and drove in 86 runs this season. If he is scratched, perhaps Philly would put former Brewer Geoff Jenkins in the lineup? That would be pretty ironic, huh?

Anyway, as soon as we hear Burrell's status, we'll update the blog.

The Phillies announced their 25-man roster and there are no big surprises. RHP Kyle Kendrick, who started in the rotation most of the year but faded in September, is out, as is RHP Adam Eaton, who also pitched in the rotation much of the year before being sent to the minors to work out mechanical problems.

Young lefty J.A. Happ, who made some late-season starts for the Phillies, was added to the bullpen. Veteran Rudy Seanez was dropped.

We'll post what CC Sabathia and Dale Sveum have to say in their pre-game sessions afterward.

Game time is 2:07 p.m. in Milwaukee. It is being telecast by TBS.

Godspeed Billy, pretend it's 2006 and you're a world beater.

Make like it's June Corey; you are an all-star.

Yo, I couldn't be happier for you, and your alligator blood.

Geoff, so help me god, if you come through in any way, shape or form imaginable I will unleash a plague of heretofore unthinkable epic proportions.

Braun, yours dreams of having "8" painted, immortalized up on the track beam will manifest this month.

Jason, I would like to take some stem cells out of your knees for my twilight year's comfort.

Boogie, I am glad aliens have not come down to abduct you to put in their alien zoos to show-off the beauty of the 'homosapien' in the running form; it's been a pleasure.

No negativity from me; my old signature was answered... I'm jazzed.

I think Yo is going to get hammered in one inning before tearing the ACL on his other leg. The bullpen will then melt down, forcing Counsell to pitch in order to save the arms. Meanwhile, the Brewers offense will be one-hit.

I smell a troll!!!!

Good Luck today guys. I have to admit how happy I am to see you guys in the playoffs. Little things like that make the game of baseball great. You guys have rode out a lot of bad years for your payoff. I can understand how it feels.

I hope to see you guys in the NLCS.

GO CUBS and Go BREWERS

Thanks stoops17. I'm a little foggy, who is Joe Simpson?

I didn't know either, google result says he has been announcer / analyst for Braves.

Yes, Joe Simpson has been a color guy for the Braves for a long time, previously working with Skip Caray, Pete Van Wiren and others. They were familiar faces before TBS cut back so severely on showing Braves games.

Nice outlook. Was that supposed to be in blue?
I believe it's the reverse jinx.

So, on the bright side, they won't be no-hit on a national stage. Yes!

I'm glad I've had tedious work to do this morning. I couldn't keep what's left of my mind on much else.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have a good feeling about this series. I think the Brewers will go in and look to gain some redemption for that sweep. YoGa is the wild card, if he can get us a win today, I am feeling real good. With CC going tomorrow there would be a good chance to win the series in Milwaukee.

From the Baseball Prospectus preview...

Rivera is merely ornamental, and should even the most minor foreign dignitary pass away during this series, he'll likely be excused to attend the funeral on behalf of the Brewers.

They also give us the edge in the NLDS: http://www.baseballprospe...istics/postseasonodds.php

Without Burrell, this game is looking a lot better. If he's out tomorrow, I really like our chances. Let's hope Yovani's PC stays low because I'm terrified to rely on Torres, Gagne, and Mota.

Booo!!! Not cool, man, not cool.

Thanks stoops17. I'm a little foggy, who is Joe Simpson?

I didn't know either, google result says he has been announcer / analyst for Braves.

Yes, Joe Simpson has been a color guy for the Braves for a long time, previously working with Skip Caray, Pete Van Wiren and others. They were familiar faces before TBS cut back so severely on showing Braves games.
FWIW, he's a pretty good announcer. Not a bad team TBS has put together for what is clearly the bottom-rung game today.

I'm heading out to go watch some playoff baseball at TGI Friday's at the ball park. The game I've chosen to view shall feature the Phillies of Philadelphia hosting the Brewers of Milwaukee. Yup, that's right peeps! I said Milwaukee in the post season!
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

hjfsdifueuEHFuigwRJG;LSFJS;JIlqk;jgirewa;jgtr;eiaji;eahnlriligar;hlg;zfsdlkkllkd;ir;lk

(sorry, had to let off some steam)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived