Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator

Didn't see a thread about this and didnt know where else to post this but I just heard on ESPN that Burrell left their workout today with lower back soreness.

There's a brief mention of this earlier in this thread, plus there's a Burrell injury thread (currently without responses) in the Major League forum. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to sleep calm and peaceful (with some help from a glass of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban). I woke up this morning with butterflies in my stomach. I can't believe how I excited I am for this game.

Just another reminder: we are in a PLAYOFF game today. I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to say that.

I am strangely calm. I don't think we'll win the series, but I'm going to have a hell of a lot of fun watching. And hey, we're in it, we have a good team, so why couldn't we go all the way, right?

Not only am I stuck in downtown Chicago with Cubs and White Sox fans, but I have a work meeting all afternoon. Hopefully the Brewers can pull off game one, so I can listen to CC pitch them to a 2-0 series lead on my way home tomorrow. GO CREW!!

Me and a few friends all made a pact during the Pirates series to not shave again until the Brewers are eliminated. I don't think my work is too happy about it but they'll have to deal with it for hopefully another month!!

my playoff beard got the Packers to the NFC Championship game last year, so i'm doing my part right now, even though it's still in it's early stages.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I went to sleep calm and peaceful (with some help from a glass of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban). I woke up this morning with butterflies in my stomach. I can't believe how I excited I am for this game.
I hear ya Pedro. I woke up at 5am to use the bathroom and it took a good hour to get back to sleep because I was thinking of different game situations. I also keep picturing Yo mowing down the Phillies and having a great game. I hope it comes true.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I have a feeling Yo is going to be awesome today and will be followed by McClung who will be equally awesome. The only problem will be scoring off of Hamels. If we win today the Phillies better be scared because they would be staring 0-2 in the face. I am not going to say we will win but I am strangely confident despite the horrible Philly series earlier and our current lack of hitting.

I have a feeling Yo is going to be awesome today and will be followed by McClung who will be equally awesome. The only problem will be scoring off of Hamels. If we win today the Phillies better be scared because they would be staring 0-2 in the face. I am not going to say we will win but I am strangely confident despite the horrible Philly series earlier and our current lack of hitting.
I think Yo is going to get hammered in one inning before tearing the ACL on his other leg. The bullpen will then melt down, forcing Counsell to pitch in order to save the arms. Meanwhile, the Brewers offense will be one-hit.

Archived