Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator

Not a huge fan. I don't think Hart belongs in the 6 -- he could easily be a rally killer there. And swap Weeks with Hall. Maybe:

1. Mike Cameron CF

2. Rickie Weeks 2B

3. Ryan Braun LF

4. Prince Fielder 1B

5. J.J. Hardy SS

6. Bill Hall 3B

7. Corey Hart RF

8. Jason Kendall C

9. Yovani Gallardo RHP

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I know we have to play to the platoon advantages or whatever, but I would much, much rather have Durham and Counsell in there than Hall and Weeks. Stupid Philly and their stupid lefty pitchers."

Hamels throws with his left arm, but his splits look like a righty's. He's better against right-handed hitters (671 OPS) than he is against left-handed hitters (742OPS). Durham and Counsell should be in.

Could get a little break? Burrell sore back...

Phillies outfielder Pat Burrell leaves practice because of discomfort in lower back

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Phillies outfielder Pat Burrell left Tuesday's workout because of discomfort in his lower back, a day before Philadelphia opens the NL playoffs. The Phillies and Milwaukee play Game 1 on Wednesday afternoon. Burrell will be checked before the game.

If there is a rain delay, I hope it is a -rain out- and not just a few hours wait. I'd like to see the game pushed back a day if it indeed does rain. Quite simply, I think it would benefit CC and the rest of the staff and perhaps do Hart some good too.

Just my wandering thoughts, but 60% chance of rain was mentioned and it got me to thinking.

Anyhow-

Just thinking how rain could have an affect on -my- team in October is a real hoot! Welcome to October Brewers Fans! It's good to be back. It's nice to create -new- post season memories.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Last I checked the chance of rain had been reduced to like 30% of showers.

Anyone else gettin geeked up for the game yet? T - 17.5 hours!!

Not me.

But seriously.. I get sick before important things I guess I should expect this to happen.

A couple years ago before my high school grauation... I got a cold.

Last year for my sisters wedding.. I got a cold.

I wake up today, the day before my 1st ever Brewer playoff game.. I got a cold.

AWESOME.

Not me.

But seriously.. I get sick before important things I guess I should expect this to happen.

A couple years ago before my high school grauation... I got a cold.

Last year for my sisters wedding.. I got a cold.

I wake up today, the day before my 1st ever Brewer playoff game.. I got a cold.

AWESOME.

Well, in hopes that your h.s graduation and sister's wedding both turned out well (with the exception of your being ill) let's hope this continues the trend and is a sign of good thing to come!! Get better!

in regards to the TNT overlap question, I am 99.99% sure that they will not take the Brewers-Phillies off of TBS until the game has concluded. Dodgers-Cubs would be the game that goes to TNT if the Brewer game is not finished yet. That's what they have done in the past.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I've been geeked up since 1983. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

On Thursday morning I'll be turning my Brewers wall calendar over to October. The photo is of Corey Hart. Last fall, when I bought the calendar, I joked that Corey would be "Mr. October." Maybe not - but the important thing is, we get the opportunity to find out.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Would have also liked to see Weeks up in the lineup. Oh well, what can you do. I do love the Gallardo choice, although I thought it was an obvious decision.

I also wouldn't mind if it was rained out. It gives CC an extra day, and I'm sure he could use it.

GO CREW!

Archived