Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one that thinks 90% of Brewerfan could go up there and put together at bats the same as Corey. I would have more confidence with Manny Parra or CC batting there then I do with Corey.
It reminds me of Hardy after his All Star appearance last year.
You may run like Mays...

On the bright side, they got their first playoff game over with, Lidge threw 35 pitches and the heart of the order got to face him. We avoided the shutout. CC goes tomorrow. No one should have expected a win today. They learned something and tomorrow will be a better day.

I understand what everyone is saying about Nelson for Hart but Nelson hasn't been in the bigs long and thats a tough environment for him to hit in. I doubt he has seen anything as nasty as Lidge's slider. Sveum made the right call.

Man we could have won that game 1-0 if it weren't for the shoddy defense. Rickie dropped a routine throw and Cam dropped a flyball that he would normally catch.

Hamels was just on today, what else can you say. We fought back and I am suprised Lidge even threw Corey a strike. That was a very hittable pitch the Corey struck out on

thoughts for the game:

- great pitching all 8 innings given the situation. aside from the error-filled inning, yo did great.

- defensive errors pretty much cost us the game. i'll never know how cameron won those gold gloves.

- this team still can't hit, and that won't change this series. they better hope for a lot of 2-1, 3-2 type games.

- hopefully we win tomorrow so i can sell my game 4 tickets so i don't have to see the phils win the series

Corey actually looked more comfortable at the plate than anybody today. He didn't pull off the ball.

He hit the ball well the first time Utley made a nice play. Maybe one or two second basemaen make that play. Kept his hands in looking for change up and drove line drive to right. Got under the pitch a little in his third at bat and hit a fairly deep fly ball to center. And was right on the pitch in last at bat and just swung through it.

No body else except for Durham looked at all comfortable at the plate.

I understand what everyone is saying about Nelson for Hart but Nelson hasn't been in the bigs long and thats a tough environment for him to hit in. I doubt he has seen anything as nasty as Lidge's slider. Sveum made the right call.
Oh I wasn't calling for a PH of Nelson, not blaming Sveum or anything, I just wish it had been Nelson up to bat. Lidge is much better vs righties than lefties and Nelson has a better approach at the plate than Hart.

The pitching was pretty darn good today. Even Yo who didn't have his best stuff did fine, it was the defense that killed us that inning. I guess tip your hat to Hamels, he was flat out on. I was very glad to see us do something against Lidge, that was very encouraging. I think with CC going tomorrow if we can bring the bats against Myers we can split in Philly and head home to the Keg. I still like our chances. Tough loss, but I felt like we were in it the whole way.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived