Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if it were up to me Yo is my third choice for game 1. Suppan makes sense because of his experience, Parra because he's a lefty. But who can argue with Sveum right now? He seems to be making all the right choices. I love this team I can't wait for Wednesday! I've listened to Ueck's call over and over, I've watched the end of the game over and over, It's finally real to me. It's a really good feeling that even if we lose game 1 we have CC in game 2. Coming back home 1-1 would be huge.

Gallardo would've been my first choice, Suppan my last. Gallardo is one of our best pitchers and our best pitcher would only have two days rest so he's automatically out. Suppan is our worst starting pitcher. I really don't care about his experience. He's been bad this year and horrible in September (even in the Cubs game he got knocked around, they just found gloves.) Parra is way over his innings limit, much better fit in the bullpen. Gallardo would've been my choice.

I love Dales confidence to give the ball to a 22 year old stud over the wiley veteran Soup. Cant wait until wednesday, Go Crew!
Absolutely!! Ned would have never had the guts to start YO in game 1. That's because there's a chapter in his book that says game one must go to an overpriced vet with postseason experience

60% chance of rain for Wednesday. Maybe a chance the game is pushed into the night? I don't like the idea of Gallardo pitching in wet conditions.

http://www.weather.com/ou...1276?dayNum=2

I really hope Jenkins gets an at bat in this series

When he's introduced with the entire Philadelphia roster Saturday, can we please not boo him?

This is kind of funny, but my wife is pregnant and due November 7th. Mind you she was 2 weeks early with our first and a month early with our 2nd. So basically starting next week anything goes. Well since the end of July (maybe earlier) I have been teasing her that with my luck the Brewers make the World Series and she goes into labor during game 7. Now I am hoping I am that lucky. I am willing to take one for the team. Go Brewers!

Looking at the matchups, I wish there was something we could do to sit Corey Hart. Maybe bat him 8th.

He has hit .077 lifetime against Cole Hamels and is in a terrible rut. He's almost a guaranteed out. Get him up there bunting whenever possible.

Fielder, Braun, and Hardy all look okay against Hamels.

Cam, Durham, Weeks, and Hall are all sub 200 hitters against Cole.

I'm thinking some stubborn small ball to wear him down.

The game is still 52 hours away. This is going to be a tortuous wait. OTOH, it's good to be waiting for it.

It's still way better than having to wait approximately 3,672 hours before the first spring training games!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I really hope that this game doesn't get delayed at all. if it does, doesn't it guarantee that we won't get to see it all when they cut to the other games? hopefully it can just stay overcast or something and hold off on the rain until we leave town.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I really hope that this game doesn't get delayed at all. if it does, doesn't it guarantee that we won't get to see it all when they cut to the other games? hopefully it can just stay overcast or something and hold off on the rain until we leave town.
I'd be surprised if Turner didn't use one of its other networks to show the games if they overlap, or maybe make a deal with another network.

Ohh good god, the BTA Graphics.. looks like Yoga is throwing a curve, but Hamels is throwing a Circle Change. And you know how we love change ups...

I'm excited, I woke up at 3:45 am this morning when it officially sunk in from a dream. We are in the playoffs... and these teams Yankees, Bluejays, Oriels, Indians, Royals, Tigers, Rangers, As, Mariners, Mets, Marins, Braves, Nats, Astros, Cardinals, Reds, Pirates, DBacks, Rockies, Giants, Padres, Twins or WSox fans seasons are over.

Who woulda thunk...

I know we have to play to the platoon advantages or whatever, but I would much, much rather have Durham and Counsell in there than Hall and Weeks. Stupid Philly and their stupid lefty pitchers.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I'd probably move Weeks up ahead of Hart. He's been outperforming him for months. In fact, if you are ok with Hall K's in the 2 spot, why not put Weeks there? It'd be nice to have Cam and Weeks' speed ahead of Braun and Fielder to score from 1st on XBHs.

Vs. lefties, Billy's hit .312/.377/.532 (.909 OPS) this year. This is very much in line with his larger sample splits. I'm glad Dale recognizes this.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived