Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the brewers hiiters have not changed if they don't hit the long ball they don't hit period.

hopefully next season when they put their roster together they can find some contact hitters.

Today the Defense and the lack of any offense doomed this team great pitching performance though.

I swear, one more Frank TV ad, and I'm gonna kick my 50" plasma. Wait, I can't kick that high, I'm not David Lee Roth.
You don't have to watch Armed Forces Network commercials. They are the worst things ever, I'm about ready to pull out my hair.

I didn't expect to win the game, but it's really frustrating the way they're beating us. We've pitched great, yet because our defense can't catch 2 balls that hit them in the glove (I'm sorry but Cameron has to catch that ball), they have 3 runs. And our hitters make 4 1 pitch outs, when just some 4-5 pitch AB's might knock Hamels out of the game.

We've given them the game, literally.

Nothing I didn't expect today. Brewers look lost with the bats and the little offense the Phillies came up with off Gallardo & company is looking like a huge lead.

I love my Brewers but it isn't by chance they've been wiped out by the Phillies (or most good competition, for the matter) all season.

cny - I completely agree with you. I think he's just miscast as a starter. He's got good stuff, just not usually the third time through the lineup. I'm not sure the mental makeup is there though. Would Troy Percival have just let Prince Fielder shove him?

I'll just throw this out because I never thought it was worth it's own thread, but I think someday Parra is going to be a good closer.

I really doubt that happens. Maybe if he were right handed but it is rare enough to go starter to RP with that kind of stuff and even more rare to go closer as a LH.

Ugh, 9 strikeouts and only 90 101 pitches through 8 innings for Hamels

edit: The pitch count on Yahoo updated late. Still, just over 100 illustrates the Brewers impatience at the plate

Yahoo only updates the pitch counts after the inning is over. FYI.

I'll just throw this out because I never thought it was worth it's own thread, but I think someday Parra is going to be a good closer.
I really doubt that happens. Maybe if he were right handed but it is rare enough to go starter to RP with that kind of stuff and even more rare to go closer as a LH.
Right, that's true. Still, I think he's got the stuff and I'm not convinced he's ever going to be a more than a back end starter. He reminds me a lot of Zito, and he always has, even before his struggles this year. I know he's young, and next year could be different with this year under his belt.
You may run like Mays...

Archived