Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure why I or anyone else should have even hoped for anything different...it was just over 2 weeks ago when the Phillies beat us like a drum. It appears as if we may be in for more of the same in this series.

that was a pathetic offensive inning

still waiting for a Brewer hitter to realize Hamels is throwing nothing but offspeed in fastball counts, and actually put a good swing on a changeup.

7 innings into the game, and still waiting.

Durham and Counsell have to be in the lineup - both can at least get on base consistently so the rest of these swing at everything hitters can actually have a chance to drive somebody in when the occasionally make contact, and counsell can at least play defense. Bill Hall and Weeks, the two players that Durham and Counsell would be playing for, have thus far cost the Brewers their 3 run deficit.

It just shows that in the playoffs every single play matters. Hall, Weeks and Cameron need to take notice.
Not sure what the playoffs have to do with it in this case. This game is like a Seinfeld rerun, I've seen this same show more times than I can count.

Yeah, I don't really feel that bad because it's not like they've fallen behind in this game in some new, unimaginable way. They look good, like they belong, except for one inning, which is pretty much the way it's been all year. And, the offense looks like you'd expect to against Hamels. So, the game isn't over, the series is just starting.
You may run like Mays...

Archived