Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hamels is better vs righties than lefties. Maybe in the next game they should play Counsell at 3B instead of Hall.

I always feel like this is a bad stat when they compare the BAA for a pitcher. The reason lefties hit Hamels better than righties is that only the best of the best lefties even get to play against him. I still start the right handed bat over the left handed bat against him.

They just mentioned the wiff rate for Hamels as being better than 50% (the amount of times a hitter swings and misses). Anyone have the wiff rate for Brewers hitters this year? I would have to assume it's the worst in the NL.

Hamels is better vs righties than lefties. Maybe in the next game they should play Counsell at 3B instead of Hall.

I always feel like this is a bad stat when they compare the BAA for a pitcher. The reason lefties hit Hamels better than righties is that only the best of the best lefties even get to play against him. I still start the right handed bat over the left handed bat against him.

Probably some truth in that but heavy change up lefties almost always do well against righties.

So far (at 3-0), it's not the Phillies doing something to win the game, but the Brewers doing everything to lose the game. Erase the defensive errors, and this is a 0-0 game. This is what frustrates me about the Brewers - It's continually not the other team doing things to win, but the Brewers actively doing things to lose.

Archived