Brewer Fanatic

10/01/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:00 PM CDT

Brian the Automator
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think back to last week tho.....Lilly no hit us til the 6th or 7th (too lazy to look it up) and we went on to win that game...... just looking for the silver lining

Actually, no!. That was Saturday. We still lost, but eventually got some runs. We will not get shut out today either.

I swear to God, I feel like we're watching a game with Phillies announcers. I can't wait to see em with Sabathia - although the whole time they'll be saying "he's gonna leave next year, he's gonna leave next year."

I swear to God, I feel like we're watching a game with Phillies announcers. I can't wait to see em with Sabathia - although the whole time they'll be saying "he's gonna leave next year, he's gonna leave next year."
Yeah, they will try to find someone way to be a dark cloud over anything good we may do.

Where was Villa's first pitch?

It's not just these commentators, everyone has been picking the Phillies. They're obviously the favorites, they're supposed to win in the minds of people who "know baseball". If the announcers bother you guys so much you could put the game on mute...?

*Edit - I know I complained about it before - that's why I say put it on mute. The Doors are much more pleasant on the ears than John Smoltz.

Think back to last week tho.....Lilly no hit us til the 6th or 7th (too lazy to look it up) and we went on to win that game...... just looking for the silver lining

Actually, no!. That was Saturday. We still lost, but eventually got some runs. We will not get shut out today either.

completely right, I am sorry for the brain fart.....

Then the following day, after a leadoff hit, Cubs relievers retired 16-17 in a row. They also won the wild card that day. Keep it close!

The game against Lilly was the one we lost last weekend.

Anyway, the color commentators sent the entire Howard at-bat about how great he was and that lefties are a little tougher, but he would just wait until he got his pitch and then hit it.

They were literally describing the at-bat as if they knew that Howard was going yard. He then punched out on a filthy slider, and one of them meekly chirped, "you get that sometimes..."

Its not that he is a cheerleader it is just that there are more good things to say about the Phillies then the Brewers. Other then Rickie coming out of the game and Hart looking like he belongs in MLB was other good things have they done today.

I don't want to be a downer, but objectively, wouldn't you pick the Phillies? The Brewers are deservedly the underdog, for a lot of reasons. I still think the Brewers are a good team, and I know they get disrespected a lot, but the Phillies won their division, finished the year hot, swept the Crew just a few weeks ago, and were here last year.
You may run like Mays...

Archived