Brewer Fanatic

5/6/06 Brewers (Hendrickson) @ Dodgers (Penny), 9:10 PM CST

wOOgiE22

I hate to say this in case anyone has been not watching carefully...Demaria is no good!! Indefensible this guy being called up and gakking at least 2 games.

Ben Sheets gave up 7 runs last game. HE SUCKS!!! SEND HIM DOWN!!!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going into this game, Demaria had an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 1.15. I refuse to assume he sucks because he gave up 2 runs in his first outing and 1 run here. He may suck, but I won't assume that early.

If Jenkins didn't go to the plate with his 9 iron I might feel more comfortable.

Is he hitting off of a tee in BP? (anybody know?) I think he would be the type of T-Ball player that struck out all the time (weird) because he would hack away at the bottom of the plastic tube.

The hole in his swing is dinosauric...

His 3 game hot streaks simply do not out-weigh his awful awful mechanics which lead to the 5+ game slumps.

Our Pen.....

JDLR - very inconsistent / can't throw a strike to save his life

Kolb - can't say much bad about him other than giving up a run tonight

Capellan - inconsistent as well / lights out at other times

Lehr - inconsistent!

Fernandez - how is he in the major's?

Wise - has not shown much this year / not close to last years form

Demaria - isnt there any better options in the minors?

Turnbow - the king of this bullpen!

So to say the least, the bullpen is very bad and very inconsistent!

Ben Sheets gave up 7 runs last game. HE SUCKS!!! SEND HIM DOWN!!!

I didn't say that ..you did. HMM..Demaria or Sheets. Starter Vs. reliever. Bonafies starter Vs. a AA guy at best. Just admit it, Demaria does not belong up here.

And why are people back to Jenkins bashing when he's hitting around .290 and a OBP around .360?

When he starts to hit with RISP I think people will start to lighten up their stance on him. My personal inclination is that if he's never hit well in that situation throughout his career, the chances are pretty good that he never will. He's a streaky player, and I'm sorry, but you can't pay a streaky player $8 mill/yr to have the kind of ups and downs he has. You should be able to count on a player like that to produce.

I went to this game too. I hate Nomar.

Billy Hall was taken out for Cirillo because he slid into 2nd hard and it looked like he might have hurt himself.

I ran into Demeria's uncle at the game. He kept saying how proud he was of his nephew Chris. I just wish the guy hadn't said anything.

Brewizard,

Where the heck were you sitting? I ran into Demaria's uncle (and aunt and parents) too! I was sitting in Section 8, row P, seat 11. His parents were sitting about five rows in front of me. Straight back from the edge of the screen on the first base side (almost straight back from the on-deck circle). You couldn't miss me - I had a Helena Brewers Tropical Tuesday jersey (#73) on.

Quote:
how many great or even good relievers have 3.18 (actually prolly a 4 now) are in the majors.

Brad Lidge - 6.19 ERA

Tim Worrell- 7.40 ERA

Jason Isringhausen- 6.00 ERA

Huston Street-5.87 ERA

Franscisco Cordero-9.22 ERA

Saloman Torres 4.42-ERA

I don't understand all the demaria hating. He was an acceptable if not ideal choice (as I said I'd have went wise or lehr). The much bigger problem was giving nomar a pitch to hit with 1st base open in a walk-off situation.

In both situations, man on 2B, one out, tie game, bottom of the 9th you walk the next batter. That run doesn't matter and it sets up a double play. The fact that it has come up twice now and they did the wrong thing both times is disheartening. Last night maybe you could understand with both Yost and Yount gone (though you'd think the other coaches have looked at strategy before) but tonight there is no excuse for not walking Nomar(or whoever is batting).

Community Moderator

So a pitcher gives up a dink hit off the end of the bat and all of a sudden he sucks?! Get a grip people.

As Ned said, Nomar had ZERO hits in that location prior to this series. He just poked a good pitch in the right spot, hats off to him.

And the reason for not using Turnbow is this: Suppose you bring him in, and he works a scoreless inning. If you don't score in the very next inning, you're exactly right back where you started from and you have nothing to show for it.

And even if you DO score, someone else then has to come in and close the game out, so why not just wait and use him to finish the game off?

Community Moderator

Yost didn't learn his lesson I guess. Let Nomar kill you two days in a row.

You do realize that Ned was ejected from the game on Friday and the decisions in the bottom of the 9th were the responsibility of Maddux/Wynegar/whoever, right?

Quote:
I don't understand all the demaria hating. He was an acceptable if not ideal choice

I didn't say Demeria sucked.

I just said I hate Nomar. I believe that acknowledges Garciaparra's good, winning baseball instincts while also expressing my loathing for Nomar's ability to do damage against the Brewers.

As for Demeria, it's not his fault - never said it was. It also wasn't his fault his uncle was running around talking about him. Although, I wish Demeria could have gotten three outs before he gave up a run, I'm equally upset with Kolb for giving up the crucial run the inning before.

The infamous Dodger bullpen has been better than ours for two nights in a row!!!!

Ugh. I've been to two straight games and the best thing I've seen was the Cinco de Mayo fireworks. The worst thing I've seen was Nomar's ability to kill the Brewers.

I love reading this stuff the day after. The talk is either hating someone who didnt get the job done or loving someone who won the game for us. Some people need to get a grip and realize that there are 130 more of these and we just have to move on. Just from reading here I think people need to realize that relievers will not get every man out and players dont get a hit everytime. And I have no idea why yost is getting all the hate again. We lost these two games on dribblers and its yost and the pitchers fault. I guess I dont understand.

I really did like the reply a few posts up that showed the era's of those other closers. That question was stupid to read anyways. An relievers era moves up and down so much and Demaria being at 3 is not awful. I think those other teams should send all of those guys down seeing those era's of 6 and higher are terrible and those guys should not be in the league.

In both situations, man on 2B, one out, tie game, bottom of the 9th you walk the next batter. That run doesn't matter and it sets up a double play. The fact that it has come up twice now and they did the wrong thing both times is disheartening. Last night maybe you could understand with both Yost and Yount gone (though you'd think the other coaches have looked at strategy before) but tonight there is no excuse for not walking Nomar(or whoever is batting).

In both cases the next batter up was the LH Drew. I don't have the time to look everything up but I think Wise gets lefties out ok. DeMaria has an OPS against over 2.000 in only 17 LH ABs against in the majors. I guess in both cases the idea was to hope to get Nomar out and walk Drew. Friday the pitchers spot was up after Drew, last night Kent. It's not like Nomar ripped the ball either time as he went against the spray charts.

You do realize that Ned was ejected from the game on Friday and the decisions in the bottom of the 9th were the responsibility of Maddux/Wynegar/whoever, right?

You do realize that they do have televisions in the clubhouse, right? Ned could see what Nomar did against them on Friday. What's your point?

Quote:
It's not like Nomar ripped the ball either time as he went against the spray charts.

Perfect reason to take out my frustration on Nomar and not on the Brewers.

Nomar = http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/devil.gif

Archived