Brewer Fanatic

5/6/06 Brewers (Hendrickson) @ Dodgers (Penny), 9:10 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is idiotic to say Yost blew it by not bringing in Turnbow ... it is very rare for any major league manager to bring in a closer on the road in a tie game ... not to say that it never happens, but saying that it is an obvious move to bring in the closer in that situation is simply not correct.

HOWEVER ... I have no idea why we would not walk Garciaparra. THAT was an idiotic move.

It very rarely happens that a manager makes a move that outright wins or loses a game...

Yost... you refuse to tinker with the line-up and put Fielder third, despite the fact that after 31 games there have been 25 unique line-ups.

... you are so stubborn to not use Turnbow, what are you doing? saving him for the san diego series? you see Furcal, Lofton & Mr. RBI coming up and you don't want to make a proactive preemptive move?

F

I think i'd rather survive until that time arrises though. we have a lead and a save op, I'd much rater see Demaria out there, than in a tie game where you aren't going to bat again if you don't score.

Doesn't make any sense!

Can we please send this clown down. You mean to tell me we have nothing better than Demaria.....Maybe Yost should have a pitching coach that CALLS the shots.

He gave up one run, that doesn't mean he's a clown. He put down the first guy pretty well too.

You gotta put someone out there. Wise blew it yesterday, JDLR makes me shudder, Fernandez also makes me shudder, saving Turnbow for when we take the lead...

Demaria seemed reasonable.

Turnbow was not the right move. Lehr or Wise would seem to be a lot better options than DeMaria.

More concerning is that they gave Nomar a pitch to hit in the bottom of the 9th tie game with a man on second. That's just plain stupid--no discussion necessary.

Oh well, we'll get em tomorrow.

Deep breath...I am really angry about this game. 4-16 w/ runners ISP. Yost flunking an IQ test again. This is getting ridiculous. And of course schroeder is the company man. Let's hear some real dissection of the turd that Yost was tonight. And dauer for the shift.. UNREAL

You keep a patheticly weak bench to carry more pitchers and you come up with Demaria to face the top of the order?

I think - in context - it is such an obviously poor choice.

I'd send Diarheia if it was the Dodgers 7 8 9, but honest to goodness...

Oh well, we'll get em tomorrow.

Don't bet your house on that. We do have Ben Sheets pitching tomorrow, you know.

Yost didn't learn his lesson I guess. Let Nomar kill you two days in a row. Is Ned that afraid to let Turnbow pitch more than 1 inning? Why can all these other teams try it?

And Jenkins is absolutely killing us in that third spot. Someone ripped me yesterday when I said this, and I take exception to that person as well as Ned Yost for not sitting him on the pines. He hasn't had a game off all year long, or so it seems. I think the only reason why Ned doesn't put him in the 5-hole is he probably thinks teams will really pitch around Carlos to get to the free-swinging, guess-hitting strikeout machine whose nickname is "Jenks." You know what, Ned is right if he's thinking that way. Trade Jenkins if you can Melvin....he's the odd ball out. Get something for him while you are still able.

Archived