Brewer Fanatic

5/6/06 Brewers (Hendrickson) @ Dodgers (Penny), 9:10 PM CST

wOOgiE22

Ben Hendrickson (0-0, 0.00)

http://www.rstn.tv/images/2004/06/03/En9QcatO.jpg

Manager Ned Yost officially said that Hendrickson would start for the Brewers on Saturday night as well as May 13th against the Mets -- ROTOWIRE

vs.

Brad Penny (2-1, 2.68)

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2005/09-12/padres_dodgers2_300.jpg

Penny took the loss Monday against Arizona, allowing three runs in six innings while failing to strike out a batter -- ROTOWIRE

Game Preview:

MLB.com

Media Coverage:

TV: FSN North

Radio: 620 WTMJ

Internet: MLB.com Gameday, ESPN.com GameCast

Splits:

Ben Hendrickson vs. Dodgers Hitters

Brad Penny vs. Brewers Hitters

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted this in last nights game thread, but during the Atlanta Braves game today on the ticker at the bottom of a screen, it was reporting Fernandez is the starting pitcher. On the MilwaukeeBrewers.com site there was an article that made it sound like Hendrickson is pitching. I guess we'll find out when the lineups are released.

Quote:
Manager Ned Yost officially said that Hendrickson would start for the Brewers on Saturday night as well as May 13th against the Mets -- ROTOWIRE

I got that from ROTOWIRE today and it said Yost is going to start Ben tonight and against the Mets.

It appears that they will be waiting 2 weeks and see how Ohka is feeling then. If he's not doing better, surgery is a possibility. That's what I got out of an article I read during the time he got injured.

I like the fact that Penny didn't strike out a batter in 6 innings in his last start.

If the Crew doesn't have problems getting guys into scoring position (like last night), then they should'nt have too much trouble getting them home (unlike last night).

If Penny isn't a guy who's going to strike you out with a guy on third with 1 down, then that gives us a good chance of getting a sacrifice RBI or two tonight.

That all said, we usually find any way possible to strand runners in scoring position, striking out or not.

Quote:
IMO, we'll never see Tomo in a Brewers uniform again. If he does come back in a couple weeks, I have a hard time believing he'll be all that effective with a partially torn rotator cuff.

I will second your opion that we won't see him again. Looks like we would get a draft pick out of the deal. Let me back up and say let's wait to hear what the doctor has to say.

Any Ideas as to why last nights game was so late? Even for a west coast start that was pushing it.

Still over 2 hours until game time.

Any mention of the lineups yet? It seems like there's a change every day now... not that i'm complaining.

I also could see that Ohka may never pitch for the brewers again, but we'll see. Sounds like him and Cappy were good friends.

First you guys get to see a geratric SF Giant blow his ankle to shreads, now you will see Ben Hendrickson's arm fall off.

Yup, Moises Alou the man who pees on his hands to "toughen up the skin" totaled his ankle trying to grab a foul ball has injured himself. At his age, he's lucky it was not a broken hip.

What's more, LA will have the privlige of teeing off on Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Ben Hendrickson, aka "little Ben." Little Ben couldn't manage a strike if he were a union leader. Hendrickson will get crushed like the ice on a snow cone. Geoff Jenkins couldn't get a hit if he had a twenty dollar bill and was in front of a crack house. Geoff Jenkins sucks.

Robin Yount, the team's bench coach, was hospitalized yesterday for what most likely was the bird flu. (he's a Robin get it?) Hopefully he's ok, cause we're gonna need him to grab a freakin' bat or glove and help the team out. Back to Ben Hendrickson:

The best thing he could do for the team is leave it. Maybe Hendrickson will get a neck injury twisting his head back over his shoulder watching all the drives off his pitches.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote:
A moment of silence for the Nashville Sounds, who just lost the game in the 24th inning.

http://www.angelfire.com/country/fauziaspakistan/grilledcheesesandwich2.jpg

Milwaukee Brewers

R. Weeks, 2B

J. Hardy, SS

G. Jenkins, RF

C. Lee, LF

P. Fielder, 1B

B. Hall, 3B

G. Gross, CF

D. Miller, C

B. Hendrickson, P

Los Angeles Dodgers