Brewer Fanatic

Where can i hear Ueck's homerun call

RickieDROPSbombs
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was in my car on the way home from work on I-90. I was on the phone (headset, I don't use my hands!) with my brother when Durham flew out to the track. My brother said "he just missed it", and I said "it doesn't matter dude, Brauny's gonna do some yard work right here"

Needless to say, on Uecks call, I almost lost control of the car.

You always hear all the stuff from 1982 but I was 6 years old, so it might have been 1882 for me. Hearing Bob's call and knowing that I might be hearing that many more times in my life, makes me feel like I am finally getting MY OWN Brewers memories.

Thanks for the link of that call. I'll have to tuck that away for safe keeping.

ok i found a plug in for firefox that does it
Do you have a link to the plugin? I want to try to record the entire game from MLB.com audio. Best $15 I've ever spent.

I'll always love Bob Uecker. He would often go to bed when I was little listening to the games on the radio, so he was basically my lullabye.

For me there is nothing more Brewers than hearing Uecker call a game. He's not perfect and all too often your wondering if the runner is still on third or scored on that groundball, but when it comes to big moments he can capture it like no one else. I moved away during the '05 season and quickly realized not only how much I missed watching the team every night, but personally not hearing the games was much worse. Thank the good lord gameday audio exists and I was able to still hear the unquestionably best broadcast team call games. So of course when the day came I had to watch mlb.tv on my desktop and listen to the call simultaneously on another computer. Timing was a bit tricky, but to hear him make that call was amazing. I can't stop listening to it.

I know Ueck gets crap at times, but for an out of towner, he is still as much of this franchise as anyone and...
Out-of towner?!?!?

He was born and raised in old Milwaukee, played for the Milwaukee Braves, and has been the Brewers' radio guy since day one.

In a lot of ways I think he is Milwaukee personified--not the prettiest fella on the block but a hard worker full of great spirit and good cheer.

As for the ring tone thing, I can't produce step-by-step instructions of the top of my head, but it would depend on the phone. Someone earlier in this thread linked to an .mp3 with the call. I have taken an .mp3, converted it to the format that my phone (Nokia 6133) uses for ring tones (I just Google searched for a program that could do it - it's on my other computer and I don't remember the name of the software right now), then uploaded it to my phone using a Nokia data cable (bluetooth would work, too).

Some phones might accept .mp3's with no conversion, but I really don't know.

Backing up what DLK said, it depends on your phone. I would try to use Google or try HowardForums, a really good source for cell phone tips/tricks/mods. The question has probably been asked/answered on HowardForums if your phone makes it difficult to upload ringtones.

Personally, I have a Samsung on T-Mobile (not for long thanks to the G1!!), which will only play DRM'd MP3s bought through T-Mobile for ringtones. However, there is a loophole in the software that allows you to play a different format - 3gp - with no DRM. I don't recall where I downloaded it from, but I use a program called "Super" to convert the mp3s to the 3gp format. I then use bluetooth to get the 3gp file over to my phone. Not the easiest thing to do in the world, but worth it since I usually do about 5 ringtones at a time.

The coolest thing in the world.

I just took the video off of MLB's website of Braun's homer and replaced the audio with Ueckers call and wow do I get chills throughout my body.

Everyone should try this it is amazing.

Instructions as to how to do this?

The coolest thing in the world.

I just took the video off of MLB's website of Braun's homer and replaced the audio with Ueckers call and wow do I get chills throughout my body.

Everyone should try this it is amazing.

Tell me about it. I recorded the game on DVD and I am in the process of dubbing in 620's audio over FSN's video. A-Maze-Ing.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Well, I will admit to being a little hard on Ueck in the past, but jeez what a great call.

I think the reason I'm so hard on him is because I'm old enough to remember how great he was in the past, particularly with Merle Harmon.

In any case, that's one of the greatest calls of my lifetime along with "Thank you Wayne Cook!" and "Levens through a hole big enough to drive a truck to the Super Bowl!".

20fry wrote:

Tell me about it. I recorded the game on DVD and I am in the process of dubbing in 620's audio over FSN's video. A-Maze-Ing.

I thought about doing this as well the only problem I have is when I get my non HD recordings off my dvr the video aspect ratio gets out of whack in any video software I use?

But after listening to my match up of the home run I would so pay for the radio call off the mlb page and try to do this.

As for how I did the homerun dk9s

1) I used the downloadvideohelper for firefox plugin to get the videoclip off the MLB video page. Downloaded the cut MP3 from earlier in the thread of Ueckers call

2) Then used a program called Super to convert the flv video file to a avi video file

3) loaded that into my cheap ulead videoediting program along with the mp3 of Ueckers call.

4) I put the video on the video line of the timeline and the audio is on the mp3 line of the timeline.

5) Split the audio from the video then deleted that which was just put on the microphone line. Now I have just the video with no audio and Ueckers call.

6) All I did then was trim the audio down and the video down until they both matched up.

7) Cut all of Ueckers next up was Braun at the plate with everything at line part of the post game call. I just had the homerun nothing else befiore it.

8)As for the video that was cut down as well to just before they cut back to the Pitcher in frame with Braun.

Will try my DVR recording tonight though if I get time

Archived