Brewer Fanatic

Where can i hear Ueck's homerun call

RickieDROPSbombs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, I am SOOOOO happy for that guy. He dedicated the last 15 years of his life to helping the franchise get to this spot. In the mid '90's - the real dark ages of this franchise - he was the only respected person associated with the Brewers. Just about any other individual would have bailed out, but Ueck stuck around through the dark ages just because it was good and necessary for the outlook of baseball in Milwaukee. Miller Park absolutely does not get built if Uecker's goodwill was not figured into the equation. Ueck has as much to do with this incredible accomplishment as anyone. Way to go - I can't wait to hear the call on sportsbubbler.

Link

Braun's homer is a little less than half way through, Sabathia getting the double play to end it is about 3/4 of the way through.

Is there anyone out there that has Quicktime Pro that can save a copy of that and email it to me? If this is not allowed, please delete my post mods.

not related to Bob's call, but I was at the game and recording video of all the big moments (Braun's HR - just had a feeling and so i started recording, the final double play and the Marlins win, along with the crowd reactions of all of these), and will be uploading them somewhere tomorrow and will be sure to post the link. some awesome videos they turned out to be.

I'm listening to the radio post game show on the mlb.com media play and Powell was saying he couldn't wait to hear Ueck's home run call. It was so loud at Miller Park that Powell couldn't hear Bob's call from two feet away.

Then in classic Ueck fashion he says, "I don't either. I don't either. I know i left the chair."

This call was bone-chilling and every time i hear it get goosebumps - have been a brewers fan my whole life, going to games since about 1990, now only 24, but still know how much futility the brewers have seen, yet the calls from uke always are worthwhile, this may have been the most amazing one...... and shhh don't tell anyone but i have converted the HR call into an iphone ringtone, so every call i get i will hear it again http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That call brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. The hair on my neck was standing up while my heart pounded out of my chest. Amazing. I too grew up listening to him all the time. Any time we were in the car when I was a kid my dad would have the game on. To this day, anytime i'm in the car I have him on. Something about him just puts me at ease and makes any car ride go by so fast. I'm so excited for this!

Archived