Brewer Fanatic

Line up the Rotation for the Phillies / Yo starting game one (reply 65ish)

bjkrautk

Wednesday - Game 1 - Suppan

Thursday - Game 2 - C.C.

Friday - no game

Saturday - Game 3 - Gallardo

Sunday - Game 4 - Bush

Monday - no game

Tuesday - Game 5 - C.C.

God, it's nice to have to think about this. Last time the Brewers were in the post-season, I was 3 years old.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 - Gallardo

2 - Sabathia

3 - Bush

rinse and repeat.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'd rather have Yo pitching his first ever post-season game at home than in Philly. My thinking is that I'd let the two guys with post-season experience pitch on the road.

The other thing that I realize could play a factor is where / how the off-days line up.

Gallardo will be fully rested by Wednesday. CC needs to get 2 games in a 5-game series. Therefore TheCrew07's rotation makes the most sense. But will they pitch Gallardo for Game 4 on 3 days rest? Sure would be nice to know if Sheets will be available. Otherwise that may be Suppan's chance to re-live his playoff magic.

I think Sabathia is all but guaranteed to pitch game 2, and Gallardo makes the most sense pitching Game 3. Honestly, there are worse things than deciding between postseason Suppan and DaBush for Game 1 and 4, but given how the Soup Nazi pitched his last time (as well as his last postseason), I think it has to be the Soup Nazi in Game One, though I wonder about the leash he'd be put on, as he does tend to walk it pretty fine.

Soup Nazi

El Grande

YoGa

DaBush...for the win.

Soup or the Angry Redhead

I think I would go with Gallardo/McClung, CC, Bush, Suppan, CC. Gallardo isn't stretched out enough to go deep, so he probably needs a designated guy to go a couple of innings. I also don't think they would bring Gallardo back on 3 days rest (although maybe he's told to be ready in case Suppan has a bad outing).

With Suppan's history in the playoffs i'd be shocked if he wasn't starting game 1.

Suppan

CC

Yo

Suppan (Bush if Soup threw a stinker in game 1)

CC

Unfortunately CC has to pitch game 2 on three days rest (again) just in case there's a game 5.

If you're Sveum and the crew wins game 1, do you entertain waiting to pitch CC on game 3 instead of game 2? Maybe have Yo pitch game 2 in that situation (assuming Suppan pitched game 1)?

I don't envy Dale right now. He's got some tough and critical decisions to make.

Suppan has been so bad this month I just don't see him getting a start, the only game would be 4 if needed, but they were willing to throw Yo tomorrow (I'm sure I read that someplace) so I'd see him going on 3 days rest for game 4 as well.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

1. Gallardo

2. Sabathia

3. Bush

4. Suppan or Gallardo depending on how Gallardo does in game 1 and whether they are up or down in series. If they are up 2-1, I'd go with Suppan to save Gallardo. If it's an elimination game, I'd go with the better arm and that's Yo.

5. Sabathia

I'd rather have Yo pitching his first ever post-season game at home than in Philly. My thinking is that I'd let the two guys with post-season experience pitch on the road.

Visions of Rick Ankiel go spinning through my head. Maybe it's better to go with the guy who's been there before.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived