Brewer Fanatic

The OMG WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS THREAD!

dlk9s
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Brewers fans.

Especially to those of you that were not around in 1982, enjoy it, enjoy it, enjoy it.

The Brewers and you fans earned it.

And thank you for making my early season prediction come true. (That the Cubs and Brewers would both be in the playoffs.)

Congrats again.

I remember going to bed one night in 1995 thinking the Brewers were gone. I woke up to find out Petak changed his vote, and now 13 years later, here we are!

Good point. I'm going to e-mail George tomorrow and thank him for being apart of this.

Believe me, I have not forgotten George. He should throw out the first pitch Saturday.

Nor have I forgotten the person who beat him in the recall election.

Nor have I forgotten the columnist who ridiculed the Miller Park proposal and Bud Selig. He's getting an e-mail today.

I emailed Madison Metro today asking if they could put GO BREWERS on the lighted route signs on the buses - like they do all the time for the Badgers and occasionally for the Packers.

If anyone in Madison sees GO BREWERS on a Metro bus, take a picture! If I see it, I'll probably start crying...again.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Like Pedro, I was 17 back in 1982. I can still remember how disappointed I was when they lost game seven. On Sunday, I was on cloud nine! I actually felt different, now that the Brewers are in the playoffs. It's like all those hours I spent on this franchise in the last 26 years were finally repaid.

Congratulations Brewers fans.

Especially to those of you that were not around in 1982, enjoy it, enjoy it, enjoy it.

The Brewers and you fans earned it.

And thank you for making my early season prediction come true. (That the Cubs and Brewers would both be in the playoffs.)

Congrats again.

If only more Cubs fans were like you. Thanks for being one classy individual on this site. Good luck in the playoffs.

I have no love for Cub fans, or the Cubs, my disdain is well documented.

However, I've had more issues with classless Brewer fans and Brewer fans with no game etiquette, than I have with Cub fans. Does having 15K Cub fans in the building kill the atmosphere in Miller Park? Absolutely, but having classless fans is hardly a market the Cubs have cornered. I still think it's awesome when the Badgers and Packers travel well and have more fans in the stands than the home team, so I try to keep it all in perspective.

I go to many different college and pro sporting events in a year as I love Football, Basketball, and Hockey as well... I usually make a Packer game or 2, we're season ticket holders for Badger football, we make a couple of hockey and basketball games at the Kohl center, I catch some NHL at Wild games when I go visit my college buddies in the cities, and in spite of myself I'll get whined into a few NBA games when someone has tickets. By far the worst game etiquette I experience in a calendar year is at the Brewer games. This year we made it down to 6 games and I had my best experience at a Brewer game since I was a little kid, and we sat in the club section. Having sat all over the park, even in my buddies season tickets in row 9 right behind home plate, the club seats are the single best experience I've had, and I sat behind home plate for one of Sheet's best performances in 2004. You have room, a waiter/waitress, people aren't constantly getting out of their seats in the middle of the action, no horrible commentary on the game from other fans (friend or foe), and the bathrooms are right there. I loved it and next year I'd rather we spend the extra bucks and sit up there for every game.

The only other experience that came close was the time my brother and I sat in the outdoor terrace of the 300 Club all game a couple of years ago.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Was just thinking about this year's playoff teams...If you had told someone during Spring Training that this year's post-season would include the Brewers, and the Rays, but not the Yankees, not to mention both Chicago teams for the first time ever, they would have said you were nuts. Really crazy.

I must say I will miss the Yankees. The Rays have a nice team, but I am not at all excited about the prospect of watching games being played at Tropicana Field instead of Yankee Stadium. I don't think there is a better scene in sports than a night game in October in Yankee Stadium.

I must say I will miss the Yankees. The Rays have a nice team, but I am not at all excited about the prospect of watching games being played at Tropicana Field instead of Yankee Stadium.

Oh, I am completely glad the Yankees will be watching from their homes this October. Honestly, other than Jeter and A-Rod (the overpaid pretty boys), what was so appealing about that team this year? They have some aging veterans, a broken pitching staff, and some over-hyped youngsters. Plus if the Yankees didn't make it to the World Series, I'm sure Hank would have found something to run his mouth about. They deserve to be out of it this year. Having the Rays in the playoffs puts some fresh blood in, and that's a good thing. The most hilarious thing is that Joe Torre is again in the playoffs, while his former team isn't.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I want the Sox to beat the Cubs in the World Series. That would be awesome.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I had a whole post, quoting several others, but lost it... must be karma getting back to me for waiting so dang long to post in this thread.

As soon as Ryan Braun's shot left the bat, I jumped up off my couch with my hands on my head. The tears just came -- I had to remind myself that things were not yet sealed up, but for some reason, I just 'knew'. When Helms hit the solo shot, followed by Uggla's, it was like a wave of relaxation across my whole body; a surreal feeling that I doubt I'll ever have again.

As others (Peavey & naivin to name two) have said, I'm so happy for Bill Schroeder. He's been my rock (yes, cheesy pun intended) during some horrible, awful teams/seasons. I only wish he could call the playoff games with BA.

And I'll echo TWR to the classiest Cubs fan I 'know' on teh interwebz. Your insights on this board have been a very welcome addition. I have a lot of family members that are Cubs fans (both sides of the fam are rooted in IL -- Pop & Mom are firmly WI sports fans, though), and for them & you, I wish the Cubs the best. Also, I want the Cubs to lose. :P

OMG WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Didn't think I would, but I cried. This team makes me feel like a kid again, like I did when baseball was everything..........

I was at the game Sunday and it took all my energy to not cry. I almost did a few times in the 9th and while watching the Marlins-Mets game on the big screen.

This team needs to collectively put it together this weekend to get CC an opportunity in game 5 by whatever means necessary. After all he has done to carry them and after the tough game yesterday they owe him that! If he doesn't get it done at that point, so be it, but they need to pick him up for a change and make that game happen.

Archived