Brewer Fanatic

The OMG WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS THREAD!

dlk9s
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I got to go to today's game with my 9 year old son. My dad took me to the last world series game in 1982 - game five - when I was 18. Still a great memory. My boy and I had a wonderful time, never stopped yelling, never stopped loving it. It's 10:20 and my son is still wired (so am I - which is why I'm here).

I wish everyone could have been there. The atmosphere was electric. It was even better when all the cubby fans took off after Braun's HR. It was so great seeing so many people just plain, freaking happy.

Go crew.

I was an 8 year old kid when my family moved to Milwaukee in August of 1982. So my first baseball memories are of the Pennant. It's so hard to believe that they've made it back after 26 long years. I thought this day would never come. Let's keep it going Brew Crew!

A day I will never forget for the rest of my life. A few buddies an I went out to celebrate tonight and had a heck of a time. Many of our music selections at the bar were Brewers players walk up songs as well as "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey and "We are The Champions" by Queen. It was great. Can't wait till Wednesday!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I still can't believe it. I was stuck in the car for the end of the game, But got to hear Uecker's call. I am so wired and so excited it is rediculous. I have'nt been able to be on Brewerfan.net a lot this year, but I am going be on here a lot more. There is no one else (well other than my two sons) that I would want to share this with. We have some of the most loyal fans on here and I am looking forward to October!

Just got back from the game.

I'm selling inch squares of streamers and confetti for $5 each to you "fans" who didn't show up for whatever reason but years from now will still claim to have been there, lol.

Wait, this coming from the person who wrote this yesterday:

I fully expect them to lose by 4-6 runs tomorrow, with Sveum taking out CC early so he doesn't get hurt for his next team once they are losing by enough runs. And of course the Mets will win easily with Perez. This team has no heart and hasn't played a complete game well all month long, so there is no reason to believe that tomorrow will be any different. CC is overworked and can't do it alone.

For the record, I gave my tickets to someone who hadn't had a chance to go to a game all year. I wish I had been there, but enjoyed it online and on TV with Brewerfan.net Nation.

I am only half way through this thread so I apologize if this has been touched on a bunch, but needs to be said again.

Pedro your generosity to everyone is amazing and is much appreciated. Many Brewer fans have benefited from your kindness, myself included. Just wanted to say thanks again!

...yelling through the concourse: "Wes Friggin Helms, Wes Friggin Helms!". I was high-fiving strangers running and jumping in the air. Repeat on Uggla's homer. Repeat on Braun's homer. And repeat on the double ball ball by CC.
You yelled "Wes Friggin Helms, Wes Friggin Helms!" after all of those things? That's weird. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I finally got my picture-in-picture hooked up after three years of owning my TV and put both games on split screen. It was a crazy afternoon watching both at the same time.

I've been watching every highlight clip I can find so far and I tear up every time I see the team celebrating. Amongst everyone else who was mentioned, I feel really good for Ben Sheets, even though he's got to be upset he can't pitch in the playoffs. He's been through a lot with this team and he deserves the joy of making the postseason and hopefully more. Yeah, he struggled with his injury the last month or two, but he was out of his mind in the first half of the season - without him, we're not in the playoffs.

I bet all of the 1982 guys are celebrating tonight, too. I also hope Ned Yost can get some happiness out of this. It's got to stink for him to have to watch on TV, but he did take the team to the edge of the playoffs. If he's back here in Atlanta, where I am, maybe I can track him down and take him to dinner!

In 1982, as a seventeen year old, I passed up a chance to go to a Brewers playoff game to go to a party instead. In my youthful ignorance I believed I'd have plenty of opportunities in the coming years to go to a playoff game. I have regretted that decision for 26 years.

Finally, come Saturday night, October 4, 2008, I will be able to put that mistake behind me and attend a Milwaukee Brewers playoff game.

I am beyond words. I am going to savor this week like no other, no matter what happens.

Pedro, you deserve it. With all the joy and goodwillness (not a word but I used it) you have given myself and other Brewers fans with tickets glad to see you get to go to a playoff game and I would assume this means you renew your tickets for 2009?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Being born in '86 it's safe to say that this is the happiest day in my Brewer fan life. Being a little kid going to County Stadium, watching forgettable games, it is all worth it! I have always loved this team and am proud to have watched all of the bad to get to this point. This is so sweet! I love you fellow Brewer fans! THEY DID IT!

NL wild cards have a pretty good track record over the last ten years.

2 have won the world series

4 have won a pennant (lost in the WS)

2 have lost in the NLCS

2 have lost in the NLDS

Community Moderator

Looking at that Wikipedia page of playoff droughts finally made it sink in...

The drought is over. There was no September collapse in 2008. One of the greatest weeks in franchise history just happened and we were all a part of it. We're playing for a chance for the World Series.

I'm going to enjoy every moment of the next few days, but come Wednesday, it's back to being nervous and cheering louder than ever!!!

Since 2000(including 2000, not including 2008)

8 Wild Card teams have made the World series

Only once in that time did a Wild Card team not make the series(2001)

2002 both Wild Card teams made the series

Wild card teams are 3-5 in the WS

Record of wild Card teams compared to other playoff teams

AL

2nd best 2

3rd best 4

4th best 2

NL

2nd best 2

3rd best 3

4th best 3

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Great picture of CC and Braun on the front page of the Journal Sentinel. The story takes up almost the whole front page, except for a little story on the bottom about the bailout package (which is seriously overshadowed). There's also a 4-page special section with some great pics. Now it's time to read the articles. PLAYOFFS BABY!

Congratulations Brewer Fans. As a long time Cubs fan I know a thing or two about droughts so I for one am very happy that you guys have made it.

I'm very happy for your fanbase and I hope you guys enjoy your time on the big stage. Though not too much fun past the NLCS if we meet...=)

Archived