Brewer Fanatic

The OMG WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS THREAD!

dlk9s
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still waiting to wake up from this dream. I have had a constant glow on my face all evening. I wasn't quite 2 when they went last time, so I can't wait. The Packers could finish 2-14, Badgers choke the rest of their games away, and it wouldn't matter, because the Brewers are in the playoffs.

I am not a "high five strangers about a game" guy, but I never saw braun's homer land because I was hugging the guy next to me as soon as we heard that sweet sweet crack of ryan's bat.

BEST

MOMENT

EVER

!!1!!!!!11111!!!!!!

MAN

WOW

JEEZ

111111!!!!1!!1!!!1!!

What an unbelievable game to be at. I have never been to a playoff game before but that has to be what it's like.

I was in the Metevante club watching the Brewers and Mets game at the same time and I couldn't believe how stressful it was. So in the middle of the 8th, the wife and I went down to the first level, near the LF pole. Didn't have to wait long for Braun to deliver!

And yes, Wendy is gone and gone forever. I promised last year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

This is fun! Still sinking in.

It was simply an unbelieveable atmosphere -- I've never been to a postseason game (that will change Saturday), but that was certainly a postseason atmosphere. Past Cubs game, CC's first game, etc. have nothing on today's game. It was incredible.

I'll bet you that the contingent of Cubs fans at today's game (who were far outnumbered) will always remember today's game. The Braun HR was a top moment in Wisconsin sports history -- fans going NUTS, deafening crowd noise, hugging strangers, high-fiving Cubs fans who wanted the Brewers to win (so they could play the Dodgers), and the crying.

I'm a big Packer fan. But for the first time in memory, the Brewers trumped the Packers. The Packers were relegated to the left corner in the JS this morning. They were also relegated to WKTI. A THREE hour Brewers pregame on WTMJ!? Awesomeness.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't know what I can add that hasn't been said here already. I'm still teary - though I didn't sob as much as I always imagined I would - and I hugged and high fived a lot of people today, some of whom I even knew.

Finally, I feel happy, proud and a little smart for having had this in our yard since March. (It's still there now.)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/hawing/Brewers%20-%20General/100_1503.jpg

What a terrific and memorable day to be a Brewers fan. Thanks to the holy trinity: Ryan, CC and Mark.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Have a few of my pictures up on my blog

Go here

Awesome pics. That one with McClung holding the wrestling belt makes think he could hold his own in the ring (at least the version we saw on Friday night). And I believe that picture of him carrying a teammate is actually Ray Durham... I saw that during the post game show and he was gesturing towards Ray's hammy, he was carrying him around to avoid any unnecessary risk http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif And while on the pro-wrestling theme, Corey Hart looks like he's trying to do his best Stone Cold Steve Austin impression waving a beer can in each hand over his head. Hopefully, we'll get more photos ops after each round of the playoffs!

I've posted here for 4 years now, and I may not have the same knowledge as some, though I consider myself in the same tier as the rest of the biggest fans. Right now, who cares about knowledge of the game, put aside sabermetrics. Who cares that Rluzinski said that CC would only be a two win difference when really it was probably 6. What matters now is that myself and all of you die hard fans are going to experience something most of us never got to witness in Wisconsin. The Crew put pieces in our place, the Crew took advantage of our opportunites, and now we're in October baseball.

Milwaukee, I may not be the most knowledgeable poster on this board. Though I learn and appreciate a lot from all of you, and one thing is for certain, we're all feeling that same joy right now, and that's all that matters.

GO CREW!!!!!

Wow I was at the game. It was amazing. After the eigth we ran down (from the upper deck) all the way to the right field bleachers. The cop told us to go wherever we wanted he didn't care. Went wild when they won. Went wild when the Mets won. Went down to the dugout for celebration. Got sprayed with champagne by Mark. That was sweet.

THIS IS AMAZING!!! I will never forget this day.

I was honored to have been at Miller Park for this game. As a diehard fan for the past 26 years, this was the greatest experience I have ever had at a ballgame. Someday my grandchildren will hear stories about the legendary Ryan Braun and C.C. Sabathia.

The whole week has been such an amazing roller coaster of emotions with all the walkoff homeruns and scoreboard watching. I am so happy for the younger generation who never got to experience 1982. I am so happy for Bob Uecker and Jim Powell because of all the bad baseball they had to broadcast over the years. I am so happy for Tim Allen of AM 1250 WSSP because he is the most passionate fan I know. I am also happy for Craig Counsell because he gets to go the post-season with his hometown team that he grew up around as a kid. I am also happy for the Selig family because they went through so much heartache to get the stadium built. And of course, I am thrilled for all the players and front office too.

This is just awesome.

Congratulations to all of you fans. You really deserve this.

Archived